OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: That's a Wrap for me  (Read 2108 times)

Online harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
That's a Wrap for me
« on: April 30, 2018, 03:51:29 PM »
Season went out with a whimper for me today guys. Hunted 6 of last 7 days and only heard one gobbling bird. I can't complain though as I was blessed with a great season filled with many firsts. 1. Saw my 9 y/o grandson take a great bird on opening day of youth weekend. 2. Helped my middle son take his first bird, on his 26th birthday no less. 3. My first opening day gobbler. 4. Had 5 days in a row that I was able to be part of a turkey being shot. 5. Was able to take 6 gobblers myself and missed #7 at 20 yards. 6. Completed my Grand Slam in epic fashion in 6 inches of snow, my best scoring bird to date. Heard lots of gobbling, a few birds drumming, and saw lots of strutting. Truly, this will be a season I'll never forget and will be very hard to top, but I'm sure I'll be ready to try again next year. Good luck to all of you fortunate enough to still be hunting. Time for some rest and to reconnect with the rest of the non-turkey hunting world. Lol!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: That's a Wrap for me
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 06:21:13 PM »
Congratulations on a great season! Love the list of firsts, very cool.

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:37:20 PM »
You really did have a fantastic year. Congratulations to you on so many fronts.

Cheers  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 12:01:43 AM »
Huge congrats on your season. Some years all the stars line up and the good Lord blesses you, can’t beat it but like you said gotta try again next year.