OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How much would YOU pay for a platz glass call

Started by Happy hooker, April 29, 2018, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy rat

Quote from: Fieldturkey on May 02, 2018, 07:34:57 PM
$400 would make me consider selling both of mine.
If there Glass calls and you want to keep them don't post them cause they will sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

I'll never understand why with pot calls some guys think its ridiculous to pay big money,but it's no problem for other types of calls if they come from a proven/ accomplished/credited callmaker?? Just like a few of the pot callmakers who aren't even asking the amount people are willing to pay..and are hard to come by anymore..

Chris O

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 02, 2018, 08:27:08 PM
I'll never understand why with pot calls some guys think its ridiculous to pay big money,but it's no problem for other types of calls if they come from a proven/ accomplished/credited callmaker?? Just like a few of the pot callmakers who aren't even asking the amount people are willing to pay..and are hard to come by anymore..
I think it's because people know what they sold for just a few short years ago is why. Maybe not that is just a guess. Yes I would love to have one but I am not willing to spend that much.

Happy

The pot call version of the Tickle Me Elmo.
This is amusing.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

BottomLand54

Quote from: Happy hooker on May 02, 2018, 08:52:13 AM
Bottomland
Judge Judy is definitely an ol boss hen,,not even Watkins could make something that raspy.
Hahahahaha

yelpy

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 01, 2018, 09:35:44 PM
Here's a idea. Buy what you want and pay what you want. I ain't saying no names but there is a guy commenting that pushes his calls but don't get too many bites because personally the ones he builds sounds like crap to me and apparently to others as well. If you think Paul doesn't build good calls then you lost your mind. He builds a nice call. Also remember Paul hasn't pushed the prices to where they are and probably doesn't care one way or another if you buy one or not. I can tell you that there is no holy grail of turkey calls. Some guys collect calls as well as hints them. Don't like the price , keep running your 40 buck calls. Some need to get off their high horse. Paul builds a fine pot call and he is a good guy and if you know him you know it's the truth.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

ShootingABN!

And here I am thinking pot calls running $100 was crazy...... Joined this site and seeing this thread and what people are saying willing to pay for one of these calls....... WOW.

How did I kill those birds with $10 and $20 pot calls thirty years ago????????

I haven't used mouth calls in 30 years and I'm getting back into it....

Good luck finding these calls, and may you get the price you want. :)

tha bugman

I don't know but I am going to find out one day!   :toothy12: :TooFunny:

JonD.

What would I pay for a Platz walnut glass? Well, I would pay him what he charges for one. No doubt he and many others make great sounding calls, but to me its like when you go to a great restaurant and the line is out to the parking lot. I'm going somewhere else. And I dang sure ain't gonna hang around and pay someone coming out the door with a meal 3 or 4 times the price after they have taken a bite or two. No offense to Paul, I hope he continues to have great business, good for him! Keep making great calls man.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

NeverRoosting

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on May 01, 2018, 02:16:19 PM
I know that some will hate me for saying this, but it is what it is. I'm not slamming Paul, he makes a nice call. But from what I'm seeing, all of this "ISO Paul Platz" and Paul Platz this or that, isn't about he makes the best sounding call in the world. News flash, he doesn't. What this is really about is a few individuals scarfing up as many of his calls as they can and driving up the price. That's what this is really about. Hate me if you will but I've always called BS and told it like it was even if it hurts your feelings!

Mic DROP!

P.S. It will be evident who are the ones that feel guilty.

Curious how much you would be willing to pay for a Platz call...assuming you'd even buy one...hypothetical of course 

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

vt35mag

I picked up a Platz from Platz at turkey trot for $150.  It is a great call and I can see why people are into his calls. 
Since I got it though, I have made up in my mind that I wouldn't pay more than $200, $250 max for any pot call no matter who made it, that I intend to keep for myself.

jryser

Nothing. I wouldn't buy one. I have all the calls I need!!!  A Ferrari is worthless if you don't know how to drive. A call is not going to make one a better caller; practice will. I killed my first turkey with the most pathetic sounding mouth call Bc I was inexperienced. But I knew cadence. Practice has made me sound better to myself and people - the only thing I know about turkeys are the ones who come into my sets!!!  So I keep practicing and keep calling. But over 100 bucks for a pot call?  No thanks!

Happy hooker

VT,,ill give you $251 for it
Jryser,,ill give you $252 for the Ferrari

jryser

Quote from: Happy hooker on September 13, 2018, 04:04:12 PM
VT,,ill give you $251 for it
Jryser,,ill give you $252 for the Ferrari
Deal!!!