OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tenzing vs Tatr 2?  (Read 1541 times)

Offline RiverRoost

• The Boss Gobbler
Tenzing vs Tatr 2?
« on: April 25, 2018, 12:16:14 PM »
See that camo Fire has the tenzing turkey vest 14 on sale. Anybody know how it stacks up to my Cabelas tactical tatr 2?

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Tenzing vs Tatr 2?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 12:20:46 PM »
I had the Tenzing 18 (without the frame) and sold it.  I got the Tac Tat'r 2 (without the frame) and for my needs it is far better IMO than the Tenzing.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 12:43:53 PM »
I disagree the tenzing is way better. The material on the Cabelas is super thin. Plus the Cabelas has zero shell loops. My buddy just bought the Alps and that one seems good as well. Did I mention he had a Cabelas??? Just don’t get the Cabelas thing. Take a look at one and see. Only one worse is the ol tom

Online Sixes

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 12:56:10 PM »
No experience with the TV14, but I've worn a TV18 all year and love the vest. I've used the Tatr2 for the last few years and much prefer the Tenzing. It is cooler, lighter and more comfy to me than the Cabelas.

Tenzing normally has excellent quality and stand behind their products.

I would like to know the difference in the TV14 and TV18, I paid a lot less for the 18 then what the 14 is being sold for

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 03:21:59 PM »
I disagree the tenzing is way better. The material on the Cabelas is super thin. Plus the Cabelas has zero shell loops. My buddy just bought the Alps and that one seems good as well. Did I mention he had a Cabelas??? Just don’t get the Cabelas thing. Take a look at one and see. Only one worse is the ol tom
What is so funny is that alot of people I know use a TT2 and love it and I never would try it, until now and i wish I had not waited so long.  Every pocket is exactly the way that I want it.  I to was surprised to find out that it did not have shell loops, but not a deal breaker and there is a small pocket that I have dedicated to that.  Totally agree that the material is heavier on the Tenzing, but for a strap vest it just did not fit me as good as the TT2 does.  To each his/her own, because someones like's may be another's dislikes.  I agree that I have tried several ol tom's and did not like anyone of them for very long!  Complaint #1.....it needs a stronger magnet on the seat!   ;D ;D ;D

Online Marc

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 05:12:47 PM »
Looks like ice cream to me...  Everyone has a different flavor that they like...

I have a Tatr'-1 vest and like it...  I was actually not excited about the purchase when I made it, but I was able to purchase a size that fit me, and it is very adjustable.  I am a small guy, and a lot of turkey hunters are big boys, and the vests seem to be tailored to such.

The Tenzing appears to come in a "one size fits some" scheme...  It would likely not fit me...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Offline eddie234

• Longbeard
Tenzing vs Tatr 2?
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 05:17:25 PM »
I have a tatr and love it. Holds all my gear and as far as no shell loops I have a HS strut shell holder and it fits right into the pocket up on the chest.
http://www.hunterspec.com/product/shotgun-ammo-pouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline mullet dredge

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 05:25:02 PM »
I have a tatr and love it. Holds all my gear and as far as no shell loops I have a HS strut shell holder and it fits right into the pocket up on the chest.
http://www.hunterspec.com/product/shotgun-ammo-pouch

Thanks for that.....I just made a post complaining about the lack of shell loops in my TT2.

Offline strum

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 05:36:28 PM »
The lack of shell loops are a non issue for me .  I stick 3 in my gun and keep 2 extra in on of the many pockets it has.
 The thing has sooo much storage that I find my self taking things out just to lighten up .

Online Marc

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 12:48:01 AM »
The lack of shell loops are a non issue for me .  I stick 3 in my gun and keep 2 extra in on of the many pockets it has.
 The thing has sooo much storage that I find my self taking things out just to lighten up .
The lack of shell loops really bugged me initially...  I did no like the idea of my extra shells rattling around while walking...

I ended up putting a rubberband around 3 shells and throwing them in the same snug pocket as my extra face mask, and problem solved.

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Offline Bolandstrutters

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 08:06:44 AM »
I used the Tatr 2 for a long time and decided to try something different and sold it.  Regret getting rid of it.  It was the most comfortable and best laid out vest i've used.

Online wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 10:57:28 AM »
i have a tenzig.  Never tried the tatr but i will give you my 2 cents on Tenzig.

i really like it.  it is super comfortable to sit in.  i have a bad disk in my back so sitting on ground too long tends to hurt.  it has a built in chair with spring pop out legs that can be adjusted.  only issue with them is the rubber feet come off in mud so i glued mine on.

it has tons of pockets both inside and out.  i can put 4 pots 3 strikers box calls, etc etc.  i believe it has 5 mesh pockets on inside on both sides and call/glove pockets on both sides on outside.  there are also decoy pockets in back.  When i first got it, it had so many places to put stuff it ended up bringing way too much with me.  after a 2 years of using it, i have cleaned it out to the essentials.

it has a built in seat that is held up when you walk by magnets that tends to fall if you get moving too fast but it can be buckled to back.

i would buy it again if something happened to this one...

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 12:15:27 PM »
Love my tatr2

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 05:51:45 PM »
Another tatr 2 fan here. I have tried a lot of different vest over the years and tatr 2 is the best in my opinion.

Offline grayfox

• Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 10:12:37 PM »
Never tried the Tenzig but I've used a Tactical Tatar 2 for years. Just bought one with the kickstand & used it last weekend. Spent about an hour tweaking on adjusting it but liking it so far. I've bought & returned a lot of vests but the TT2 is the best I've used so far. Not perfect but as close to my liking as I've tried.