News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal TSS with Trulock TSS Chokes - UPDATE

Started by BigPimpin, February 26, 2018, 07:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

Quote from: owlhoot on March 03, 2018, 12:10:13 AM
No choke expert but those choke constrictions seem like defeating the flight control wad to me?
And like the 12 gauge Heavyweight 7 loads, defeating the Flight Control Wad is what has to be done to make these loads pattern tight.

mightyjoeyoung

That jellyhead max doesn't suprise me one bit.  Ever since they went away from the original design,  those chokes have become just like any other avg choke with anything. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Gobble!

Quote from: mahifishn on March 03, 2018, 10:47:20 AM

All at 40 yards:
Trulock .650 - 290 pellets
Trulock .640 - 264 pellets
Kicks .665 - 255 pellets
Jelly Head .660 - 214 pellets

Not the numbers you'd expect/are paying for but will all kill turkeys. Be interesting to see how the Indian Creek does.

BigPimpin

Quote from: Gobble! on March 06, 2018, 01:08:05 PM
Quote from: mahifishn on March 03, 2018, 10:47:20 AM

All at 40 yards:
Trulock .650 - 290 pellets
Trulock .640 - 264 pellets
Kicks .665 - 255 pellets
Jelly Head .660 - 214 pellets

Not the numbers you'd expect/are paying for but will all kill turkeys. Be interesting to see how the Indian Creek does.

Look at the number I averaged in the original post.  Completely different results.
I'd rather be Drivin' > Disco.

mahifishn

Much better. After looking at the picture I probably could've shifted the circle further right and picked up 10-15 more pellets. 350 is fine with me.

Gobble!

Quote from: mahifishn on March 07, 2018, 07:09:20 PM

Much better. After looking at the picture I probably could've shifted the circle further right and picked up 10-15 more pellets. 350 is fine with me.

Will definitely work but looks like it's over choked. Some holes in that pattern.

mahifishn

I absolutely agree with you, gobble. I've spent enough messing around with the federal factory loads. Once I get the stuff in to handload my own I'll mess with it more and fine tune it. This season I'm just gonna roll with what I have. It's way better than any other factory stuff I have.

BottomLand54

I am getting in the 400's with a sbeii 28" Barrel with a .665 sumtoy with apex 9's 3" shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Quote from: mahifishn on March 08, 2018, 07:29:13 AM
I absolutely agree with you, gobble. I've spent enough messing around with the federal factory loads. Once I get the stuff in to handload my own I'll mess with it more and fine tune it. This season I'm just gonna roll with what I have. It's way better than any other factory stuff I have.

It's similar in evenness to the pattern I shot with a .665 Indian Creek and handloads. A .675 was much more even.

AgingDisgracefully

Just wanted to check back in to thank you Mahifishn and BigPimpn for directing me to these chokes. Followed the advice of you all and got the Trulock for No. 7 TSS.

Running the choke and No. 7 TSS through my SuperVinci I crushed it patterning out to 50 yards. Others were having to have a hard time and from the first shot to the last I was looking at one dead turkey.

This week I am headed out. Thank you guys for great advice. If I have a turkey in my sites and fail it will truly be a case of the Indian and not the arrow!!!