OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Albert Paul  (Read 4338 times)

Offline hunter22

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Albert Paul
« on: April 25, 2018, 10:26:52 AM »
Here are some calls I have not shown in a while. A commemorative set by Albert of the five subspecies of the wild turkey in North America. Some of my favorite calls.

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
Re: Albert Paul
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 10:39:15 AM »
Awesome calls Hunter!!

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 10:56:14 AM »
THEY ARE NICE
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Brantleyville

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 12:53:28 PM »
 Very nice set of Albert Paul calls. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 04:12:25 PM »
 Which combo do you like the sound of best? someday I am going to get one .

Offline hunter22

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 06:01:12 PM »
These are no longer made by Albert. Out of them I like the Eastern best which is Cherry over Sassafras.

I have several Albert Paul box calls and the one I hunt the most is a Henry Davis Ebony over Holly. Killer sounding call and not bad on the eyes either.

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 08:50:40 PM »
Thanks for input I always like to hear people’s favorites when they have a few from the same builder. I have another question for you hunter. I know you have a bunch of different box calls from many makers and I would like to know what your favorite type of box is from getting a gobble and bringing the bird to the gun. What type is your favorite for hunting? You can add wood combos if you feel like it but I am mostly curious about what type of box. Thanks in advance you may just save me a pile of money so I don’t have to try every type LOL!! I appreciate your input and experience thanks.

Offline hunter22

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 09:15:51 PM »
I did not get to hunt much this spring due to some serious health issues. When I got to go I hunted a Darrin Dawkins walnut/mahogany, an Irving Whitt walnut/mahogany square box, and a Mike Lapp walnut/butternut. I do have a lot of box calls and I find that I carry a Darrin Dawkins more than any other. In addition to the walnut/mahogany I also have walnut /butternut, walnut poplar, and an all-walnut. I have hunted all of them.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 09:33:56 PM »
Awesome pics of Mr. Paul's calls, I think a very unrated call makers on here but I would put his boxes up to anyone's!

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 09:48:56 PM »
I did not get to hunt much this spring due to some serious health issues. When I got to go I hunted a Darrin Dawkins walnut/mahogany, an Irving Whitt walnut/mahogany square box, and a Mike Lapp walnut/butternut. I do have a lot of box calls and I find that I carry a Darrin Dawkins more than any other. In addition to the walnut/mahogany I also have walnut /butternut, walnut poplar, and an all-walnut. I have hunted all of them.
Thanks hunter are these mainly your typical short boxes? Thanks again

Offline hunter22

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 09:58:08 PM »
I have around 200 box calls. So for me to pick out a few to hunt is the best compliment I can give to the maker.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 10:10:23 PM »
I hunt my Dawkins walnut/ mahogany box every time I go to the woods, the best box I have ever ran!

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 10:23:28 PM »
I have around 200 box calls. So for me to pick out a few to hunt is the best compliment I can give to the maker.
I agree, that is the best compliment

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 06:59:36 AM »
Awesome pics of Mr. Paul's calls, I think a very unrated call makers on here but I would put his boxes up to anyone's!

As long as I can remember, Mr. Paul's boxes have been considered top of the line. Not only a top notch call but one heck of a gentleman.

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 10:02:41 PM »
Beauties!