OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Albert Paul

Started by hunter22, April 25, 2018, 10:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Here are some calls I have not shown in a while. A commemorative set by Albert of the five subspecies of the wild turkey in North America. Some of my favorite calls.

Chris O

Awesome calls Hunter!!

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Brantleyville

Very nice set of Albert Paul calls. Thanks for sharing.

Chris O

Which combo do you like the sound of best? someday I am going to get one .

hunter22

These are no longer made by Albert. Out of them I like the Eastern best which is Cherry over Sassafras.

I have several Albert Paul box calls and the one I hunt the most is a Henry Davis Ebony over Holly. Killer sounding call and not bad on the eyes either.

Chris O

Thanks for input I always like to hear people's favorites when they have a few from the same builder. I have another question for you hunter. I know you have a bunch of different box calls from many makers and I would like to know what your favorite type of box is from getting a gobble and bringing the bird to the gun. What type is your favorite for hunting? You can add wood combos if you feel like it but I am mostly curious about what type of box. Thanks in advance you may just save me a pile of money so I don't have to try every type LOL!! I appreciate your input and experience thanks.

hunter22

I did not get to hunt much this spring due to some serious health issues. When I got to go I hunted a Darrin Dawkins walnut/mahogany, an Irving Whitt walnut/mahogany square box, and a Mike Lapp walnut/butternut. I do have a lot of box calls and I find that I carry a Darrin Dawkins more than any other. In addition to the walnut/mahogany I also have walnut /butternut, walnut poplar, and an all-walnut. I have hunted all of them.

3bailey3

Awesome pics of Mr. Paul's calls, I think a very unrated call makers on here but I would put his boxes up to anyone's!

Chris O

Quote from: hunter22 on April 25, 2018, 09:15:51 PM
I did not get to hunt much this spring due to some serious health issues. When I got to go I hunted a Darrin Dawkins walnut/mahogany, an Irving Whitt walnut/mahogany square box, and a Mike Lapp walnut/butternut. I do have a lot of box calls and I find that I carry a Darrin Dawkins more than any other. In addition to the walnut/mahogany I also have walnut /butternut, walnut poplar, and an all-walnut. I have hunted all of them.
Thanks hunter are these mainly your typical short boxes? Thanks again

hunter22

I have around 200 box calls. So for me to pick out a few to hunt is the best compliment I can give to the maker.

3bailey3

I hunt my Dawkins walnut/ mahogany box every time I go to the woods, the best box I have ever ran!

Chris O

Quote from: hunter22 on April 25, 2018, 09:58:08 PM
I have around 200 box calls. So for me to pick out a few to hunt is the best compliment I can give to the maker.
I agree, that is the best compliment

EZ

Quote from: 3bailey3 on April 25, 2018, 09:33:56 PM
Awesome pics of Mr. Paul's calls, I think a very unrated call makers on here but I would put his boxes up to anyone's!

As long as I can remember, Mr. Paul's boxes have been considered top of the line. Not only a top notch call but one heck of a gentleman.

mgm1955