OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Still trying  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Mountainburd

Still trying
« on: April 25, 2018, 04:37:40 AM »
Just checking in guys.  I hunted 10 straight days last week and all I can say is wow, what a tough season.  Between losing one of my prime properties the night before the season ended, awful winds day after day, torrential rains that caused flooding, and birds that don't even realize its spring.  I had a couple good days mixed in there but the gobblers would only sound off on the roost, and were flocked up and surrounded by hens.  They would hit the ground and silence. I never once encountered a lone gobbling bird on his own that was killable.

I only managed to call a couple of jakes to the gun later in the week, and by the last day I hunted, the woods finally started to green up some and it seemed like spring.  Everything is so behind this year including the morels.  Really strange.

Still hope though as I've got the Pa trip coming up with Wildspur, as well as a few weekends and Mondays mixed in through mid May.  Good luck to the rest of you.

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
Re: Still trying
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 07:10:54 AM »
Keep at it Joe.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Offline Hayudog

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 10:49:00 AM »
1o days is a stretch to hunt without results. Good for you staying on it. Spring will get here....someday. Good luck in Pa.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 05:29:35 PM »
Good luck brother!! Don't get down. Hang tough, I should know. I'm going on 2 years without a gobbler. Almost got one this AM. Hopefully you'll score on your trip.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline TURKEYWHACKER

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 06:58:17 AM »
Hang tough brother and good luck  :happy0064:

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 11:15:56 AM »
  I've been on a bad stretch for a while before getting lucky the other day. Have fun and keep after em.  :anim_25:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."