OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

tagd out in ohio

Started by rock54, April 24, 2018, 04:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock54

3hr hunt on the first day calld in a 22.6lb, 1 1/8in spurrs, 9 3/4in beard....tagd at 8.02am
4hr hunt on the 2nd day calld in a 22.0lb, 3/4 spurrs, 9 1/8in beard....tagd at 8.58am

both birds taken on private land, and on 2 differant properties

both birds were shot at around 15 steps from me with my remington 870 with a 21in barrel
with winchester super X lead #5 and dropd them both like a rock

first setup was a field edge and decoys and 2nd was a woodn hill side and no decoys

now that i have recieved 2 of GOD's blessings, i just hope that he has 1 more left for my daughter on
sat, she has only went 1 youth season many years ago and has had a missd bird on her back since then,
hopen that all my tricks( setup, calln and decoys) can get her, her 1st bird on sat and then i will have had the greatest season ever, good luck to all, russ

joey46

Super job!  First OH report I've seen so far.

Twowithone

Congrats on your Gobblers.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

tomstopper

Congrats man on some nice ones.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

snapper1982

Congrats and good luck with your daughter!

What county?

idratherb

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

eggshell

Well done. Ohio hasn't been kind to me yet.....have not even set up on a bird. Our area is in silence

rock54

thanks guys,for the support, sorry for no pics, i still use my flip phone and do not know how to post pics on this site, guess i just never askd anybody show me how to do it.

both days there was little gooblen on the roost,the 1st bird gobbled behind me at about 7.45am and i never thought he would fly across the river or stream about 10-12yds wide...so i just did some soft clucks and purrs and then i heard him fly across and came right in, strutn and beat up my jake, over hen decoy setup

2nd day, differant property, little gooblen on roast, but it was windy and lite rain, 4 hens came into my setup but soon left when he gobbled behind me on the ridge, then he walkd down the hill, out of site and crossd the ladys driveway into a cut corn field and strutd for an hr or so with about 8-9 hens so i just watchd from 100yds. hens startd braken off and one startd to head my way, thought she would bring him to me, nope, he circled back with 3 other hens crossd back over the driveway and up the hill again, not known to me, they were out on sight, after sitn on the ground since 5am, my back was fried, so i got up and moved two dead layn down trees over, so my new position was lookn along the hill, not just down the hill, after only a few minutes there, lookd and seen the 3 hens, he was right behind them strutn, they walkd along the hill and he strutd right into my shootn lane and about 15yds. if i hadnt moved for my back pain dont know if i would have killd that bird as they would have been behind me, so just at the right place at the right time.

again good luck to all and hope you are all in the right place at the right time, russ

turkeyfoot

:welcomeOG:
Quote from: eggshell on April 25, 2018, 05:28:46 AM
Well done. Ohio hasn't been kind to me yet.....have not even set up on a bird. Our area is in silence
what part of state you hunting

turkeyfoot

Congrats on the tag out you'll be eating good how are the bird numbers in your area

iamjimmychew

Congrats on a couple of very nice gobblers!

Cheers,
Jimmy
bratya po oruzhiyu

Gobble!

rock54

1st bird came from carroll co and 2nd bird came from stark co

birds in carroll co, seem to be doing well, i would say good, by trail cam pics,lots of hens at least half dozen toms, didnt see any jakes

birds in stark co,seen lots of hens only a few toms , didnt see any jakes,by trail cam pics

rock54

well just an up date sat 4/28/2018 was a hard hunt for my daughter and i.... with only 2 hens seen since day break and sitn thru some rain, and only a few gobbles from the roost, the sun came out about 9.30am and i startd with some soft clucks and purrs and heard something fly across the stream, out of now where from behind us came 2 toms running to my setup( jake over submissive hen) the bigger of the 2 beat the liven snot out of that jake before abbey got a clear shot

she got that miss off her back from youth season of past and dropd a 21.10lbs, 9 1/2in beard and 1in spurrs at only 15 paces from the ground blind she dropd him in he's track  at 10.58am and he fell right beside the jake decoy he was beatn up..

i was and am one proud dad and am glad for GOD's blessn on both of us and the time we got to share that morning, good luck to all, russ