OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ga Season Coseout  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Doug Lewis

Ga Season Coseout
« on: May 03, 2018, 06:17:55 AM »
Last chance to get my son a bird before the season closes. Between work and traveling, we had one afternoon to make it happen. Scooped my son up from school at 3, got in the woods around 4 and settled in. Made a few calls just to see if we could get the bird I New that was in the area fired up. No dice... Son told me he was sick and that he wanted to go! We packed up, slipped down to the T in the road. We took our path and I just happened to look back to see red flagging tape at the end of the toad we just came off of. I new for a fact that there wasn’t red tape down there! Stopped and checked it out for a second, and the tape was walking straight to us! We belly flopped on the ground with our faces in the dirt! We waited in the prone position until the flagging tape was 20yds away! My skin was about to turn inside out! He lit him up at about 20yds! 1.25” spurs, 11” beard, @ 17lbs. Sweet way to close the season for him. Back at the house with soup, ibuprofen, and a 102 degree fever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Ga Season Coseout
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 07:14:53 AM »
That's awesome Doug!  Congrats to both of you. Hope he is feeling better.

Offline Captain Hooks

• EZ Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 08:42:37 AM »
Yeah buddy!!

Offline derek

• The Boss Gobbler
    • The Bayside Legion
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 09:10:38 PM »
Great bird!  Congrats to both of you and good luck in Kansas!