Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Lieutenant’s son got his first today!

Started by Coop1082, April 24, 2018, 12:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

My LT's (career firefighter) son closed the deal on his first longbeard today! A quite morning turned eventful for us fairly quick! We found the birds (multiple gobblers) last week and got whooped by them. Coincidentally enough we set up where they wanted to be the last time we got on them only for them to pitch down exactly where we set up the last time! After an hour of very soft talk with long periods of silence and watching two strutters work back and forth, one of them finally peaked the hill and got overly curious. He had two jakes in tow with him and Brennan folded him the minute the opportunity presented itself! I'm honored and was just as thrilled as him to be apart of this hunt and to introduce another fella to the thrill of turkey hunting! Dang fine big for his first as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

turkeymanjim

Congrats to both of you. Neat looking spurs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Congrats to you both...

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to the young man. Neat hooked spurs.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Coop1082

CRUSADERS

[/img]

joey46

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

SteelerFan

Marc

Very nice...

Brings some meaning to the term "hooks.."  Those are nice ones, and I hope he saved them in a manner that can be preserved...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Coop1082

He certainly did...He gave them to me to do all the work on them! Lol. I'm completely okay with that because they are definitely not something you see every day and I want nothing more then for him to keep them preserved because it's his first kill and also because they are so unique. Going to try to work a real nice tail fan mount out of the bird for him and hopefully turn out something he will be proud to hang in his house.
CRUSADERS

[/img]

Ross R

3bailey3

Congrats to y'all coop! Neat set of spurs! Do them up right for him!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Coop1082

CRUSADERS

[/img]