OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best water proof pot

Started by fordhunt, April 24, 2018, 08:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordhunt

Ok , I need a good waterproof pot call . Whats the best sounding call out there . Thanks

Happy hooker

I don't know if it's classified has waterproof but a loftus Crystal screamer is just a warrior in terrible weather.
I live in Minnesota and spring here can be snow,freezing temps,rain in April or in May hot and humid in the land of 10,000 lakes. The screamer handles all of it I never go on a outing without having one in the truck,like a raincoat in case I need it.

fordhunt

Quote from: Happy hooker on April 24, 2018, 08:24:08 AM
I don't know if it's classified has waterproof but a loftus Crystal screamer is just a warrior in terrible weather.
I live in Minnesota and spring here can be snow,freezing temps,rain in April or in May hot and humid in the land of 10,000 lakes. The screamer handles all of it I never go on a outing without having one in the truck,like a raincoat in case I need it.
Thank you for the info , Ill try and get one .

ezmorningrebel

check out the stuff Al Hobart at Enticer makes. he has a bunch of wet options.  i have the silver thunder extreme and really like it.  it will play soaking wet with the carbon tipped striker he makes.  sounds really good dry too.  you can even flip it over and play the corian pot for nice muted clucks and purrs.

model94

Enticer is really good. I like the sound of the Screamin Demond too.

MikeStaten

Quote from: ezmorningrebel on April 24, 2018, 08:58:02 AM
check out the stuff Al Hobart at Enticer makes. he has a bunch of wet options.  i have the silver thunder extreme and really like it.  it will play soaking wet with the carbon tipped striker he makes.  sounds really good dry too.  you can even flip it over and play the corian pot for nice muted clucks and purrs.

This

Bowguy

I was no waterproof pot fan boy. I've never seen one I really liked. I haven't seen them all but anything waterproof always sounds off. My buddy bought Al Holbert's (Enticer) silver thunder extreme. He said he ran it wet and it sounds good.
I got one and once it arrived I put the kitchen faucet on full bore onto the call. With the water running like that I put his striker in and was shocked the call sounded really good. I ran it trickling and just wet surface as well.
I don't consider it the absolute best call I have dry. But it's def good and definitely number one by a long shot wet. Idk how he does it but it's living in my vest.
The back side of the call thing for soft calling like tree yelps works real good too. I've got a lot of calls. If I lost that one I'd instantly buy another. Well worth the money imo

johnski

I have a yingling ceramic in a waterproof pot and a Dawkins crystal in plastic pot that I like.

compton30

Yingling Crystal slate. Sounds awesome wet and dry.

Tracker12

Check out Chain Reaction Calls.  Tom who makes the calls has a video of him call in a driving rain.  Amazing calls. 

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tracker12 on April 26, 2018, 08:46:07 PM
Check out Chain Reaction Calls.  Tom who makes the calls has a video of him call in a driving rain.  Amazing calls.
I bought a Black palm slate from him and he was fantastic to deal with. Very friendly and willing to answer questions.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Chris O