OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Testers needed

Started by zelmo1, April 24, 2018, 07:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

I have 14 pot call prototypes that I made up, I would like some truthful feedback from real hunters so I can get better at this great hobby. If you want to test some or all of them, please pm me here and I will get back to you. I have a few people here at home, but you guys are the real hunters. I don't want a pretty call that works on judges, I want an ugly killer, lol. Thanks, Al Baker.

zelmo1

I will put up a list after work of the pots that I have. PM me your top 3 choices and I will contact you about shipping it out. Thanks again guys. Al Baker

zelmo1

Here is the kist: wenge double slate, wenge slate over glass, poplar slate over glass, poplar double slate, osage orange double slate, walnut double glass, walnut double slate, lacewood double slate, lacewood double glass, padaukdouble slate, padauk double glass, zebrawood double slate and double glass. Remember, these are prototypes, not fancied up yet. I want turkey killers, not jewelry. Thanks again. I will send them in the order that you responded. Everyone that wants to, will get a shot. Thanks again. Al Baker

outdoors

What's entail with this
I'm interested in the   double glass, zebrawood
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

chbarnha

ill try one or two of them, send me a pm and we will figure it out. I still have a month left in the season

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

jed clampett

I would give a glass and slate a try

zelmo1

I will get the calls out ASAP, I will go by order of contact. Please pm me your mailing addresses. I I'll answer all, even if I run out of calls. You can be round 2, thanks again. Al Baker

Happy

I would try the lace wood double glass. Can't say I will kill a bird but I will dang sure try. Long as there are no hidden fees and you don't mind a few scratches on it.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Caspar

3bailey3

I would love to be on your Pro staff team! Send me one please and I will give you a honest answer about the caller!

Sir-diealot

I would ask but I know my limitations, there are those there that would be able to do a far better review for you than I. Best of luck and thanks for the chance.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bulian82

Pm sent

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

zelmo1

No hidden fees or gimmicks here guys. I am a regular guy who needs to be doing something and I love turkey everything. I am compulsive as hell and started making calls with my 11 year old daughter. I am into it, trying to get some real turkey killers. Looks are secondary to me, so these are rough but with a finish on them. All I ask is that you provide feedback to me. I would like to get them back as my name is on them and they are not "Purdy" yet. After all the testing, I will donate one or maybe a set with strikers for a contest later on. This is fun for me now, maybe in 10 years when I retire, I may go to local gun shows and sell them if they are workable.  Thanks again and I will get out the first bunch this weekend. Please PM me your name and address along with your preference of calls. When I get to your name on the list and that call is gone and you only put one, I will send you the closest I have until they are gone. I have more requests than calls right now so I will do a second mailing when they come back. I will mail them out this week. If I do not have your info by Friday , I will go to the next person on the list. You will all get a shot. This is really helpful, Thanks again . Al Baker

letinmfly

Count me in with the Padauk double glass please.  Be happy to participate. 

Lou
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

SteelerFan

Cool idea Al. I'll test whatever, whenever...