OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WI Her 1st Bow Bird and he's a STUD!!

Started by MK M GOBL, April 23, 2018, 05:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

Well have been trying to get a lady friend of mine a bird with the bow, we have had some troubles... a couple of misses last year and a hit, recovery went bad. Bird ended up on a neighbors and had to get permission to get to it. She heard the bird flopping around as I was at the neighbors, we get back to recovery 3 hours later and a coyote found the bird... We started seeing feathers and parts scattered about and found what looked to be kill sight.

We were back at it this year for WI's 1st Season and this morning she did it right, took him quartering to us at 10 yards and took out a lung and sliced the heart, arrow came through at back leg. This was her first ever bow kill on an animal and it was a STUD of a gobbler. We had a lot of excitement leading up to the shot, and there was a blood trail all the way to the bird!! The CODY World Class Slate and DSD's are a DEADLY combonation.

Gobbler had 1 7/16" Spurs, 10 1/4' Beard and weighed in at 22.06

MK M GOBL

tomstopper

That's great. Congrats to her

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

That's a Dandy..Congrats to both of you.... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

zelmo1

Awesome job peeps, Congrats on a great bird.  :drool: :drool:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

turkeyhunter91

great bird, congrats to you both on a well earned bird.

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

renegade19

I got two thumbs, one for each of you!  Congrats!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Sir-diealot

Glad to hear it worked out this year. Congratulations to taker and teacher. She looks a lot like a friend of mines wife.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."