OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: I got 2 with 1 shot with my bow this morning  (Read 999 times)

Offline turkeyhunter91

I got 2 with 1 shot with my bow this morning
« on: April 22, 2018, 03:38:20 PM »
But 1 of the 2 was my new jake decoy haha. This morning I set up on a farm i had hunted a couple times this year and the birds seemed to be on ridge or the other so I set up on the middle ridge hoping to catch them cross. Right at day light I had a bird start gobbling directly behind me in the holler but after fly down it sounded like he was on the other ridge behind me. I was setting there thinking if I didn't have any action by 930 or so I was ditching the blind and heading to another farm a few miles away. I was setting there and suddenly I thought I could very faintly hear 1 drumming but I couldn't tell from where. I easied the back window up but i couldn't see anything. When I turned to the front of the blind I seen a hen and could hear the drumming behind her getting closer. Suddenly here pops out another hen and I could see his tail fan. I started getting my bow up and ready, he was already in range but coming on in to the decoys. He strutted up to the jake turned around and started smacking it around allowing me to draw. I shot and he stood there and was kinda hunched over. I thought what is he doing and when he moved I could see the arrow in my decoy, I had pinned him to the decoy for a few seconds until he moved away pulling the arrow out of him. He hopped over the hill and I gave him about 30 mins and easied put to look at my arrow and could see a great blood trail.i slowly topped the hill and could see him laying at the bottom of the hill. It has been a tuff season so far and I have hunted my butt off but I'm hoping we can get some leaf out before long to make it easier to draw without hunting in a blind. I have had a couple times if I was in a blind i could have prob shot a bird but I love running and gunning. He weighted 21 pound 4.5 ounces,10 1/8 in beard and 3/4 in spurs. Also any ideas for patching a couple big holes in a decoy? I picked up some flex seal haha

Offline buckmark13

Re: I got 2 with 1 shot with my bow this morning
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 03:49:13 PM »
Pretty cool story. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline 2eagles

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 04:31:08 PM »
I think this will be my favorite story of the season!

Offline daddyduke

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 05:33:19 PM »
Congrats!
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 07:52:45 PM »
Yes a great story congrats on the bird!

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 10:52:25 AM »
congrats on a well earned bird