OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Haint gobble call

Started by MISSISSIPPI Double beard, April 22, 2018, 10:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

This call seems to be all the rage right now. Is it mostly for collectability or the sound it makes? If it is for sound why not just use a box call to gobble with?
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

TauntoHawk

When they came out it was extremely difficult to run properly and you couldn't give them away or  here now that they aren't made any more suddenly they have found value and are being snatched up by I don't know who.

When the haint and hale fire came out and gobble calls became all the rage I tried them both and neither sounded as good or was as easy to run as say gobbling on a tube call, using a box call, or even a mouth call although that is difficult to get lots of volume on.

I've finished more then a few hung up birds with a quick gobble and jake yelp series on my mouth call and didn't have to go fishing for another call bumping around my vest.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marc

If you are a duck hunter, this is an easy call to run (simply do a feeding chuckle into the call and use your hand to control back-pressure)...

My duck hunting buddies can run this call easy, while my non-duck hunting friends cannot run it to save their lives...

Personally, I took the idea of the Haint and found an old squirrel call (actually not sure what it is) but it has a better tone, and it sounds better than the production calls to me...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

drake799

My brother gobbles on his duck call while we're hunting sometimes when things are slow   People we hunt with get a kick out of it lol.  He has a Haint as well but his duck call sounds just as good. Can be very Effective if used at right times.