OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need help with my 20 gauge

Started by Terry, April 22, 2018, 10:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

If you're shooting Federal TSS # 7's effectively can you check this thread out and give me your setup? Due to really poor weather here I've waited to the last minute and I need to get it right quickly.

Thanks!!

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=82575.0

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ilbucksndux

I dont have any experience With TSS but from what it looks like to me you are over choked and its blowing the pattern out. Maybe try #8 or #9 ????
Gary Bartlow

Terry

I'm restricted to 7 due to laws

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bruce.smith0817

Renington11/87 Carlson,s .570 ,Federal #6,&#7,s

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

I think the HW7s will still out paper the tss 7s as you're lossing a good bit of pellet count going up to TSS and the energy gain is unnecessary because you lose pattern density way before it matters. If you are talking about the bit over blown, I'd try a more open choke and see if it evens out

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tomfoolery

The tss 7 patterns good with my IC .555.

Spurs Up

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 23, 2018, 09:44:58 AM
I think the HW7s will still out paper the tss 7s as you're lossing a good bit of pellet count going up to TSS and the energy gain is unnecessary because you lose pattern density way before it matters. If you are talking about the bit over blown, I'd try a more open choke and see if it evens out

X2

And if I had to shoot 6's or larger, I'd go back to lead (and a bigger gauge).

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Spurs Up on April 24, 2018, 06:01:06 PM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 23, 2018, 09:44:58 AM

X2

And if I had to shoot 6's or larger, I'd go back to lead (and a bigger gauge).
Yeah I get what they were trying to do bring a legal load to as many states as possible it certain isn't going to out up tss looking patterns

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>