OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gift ideas for a call junkie

Started by The Baron, April 21, 2018, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Baron

I'm waaay out of the loop on turkey/crow/owl calls as I've had what I use for years and am not a collector.  But a friend has graciously invited me down on a turkey hunt.  One of those friends that will feed my like a king, work like he's a guide and never accept any cash toward groceries, gas etc.   My friend has a large collection of goose/duck calls and a pretty good stock of turkey calls too, so I need a suggestion of a turkey call gift that takes me off the beaten path but to a known name and proven rep for quality sounding calls.  Throw out your ideas and if I see the same name repeating I'll grab one for him.  Thanks!

davisd9

SS Custom Calls, Jimmy Schaffer, TJ Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

3bailey3

I would suggest a box call from SS calls or a box from Albert  Paul, I think box calls make nice gift calls as it can be personalized!

3bailey3

Or a hen box from Matt , The Bigsnood on here, it will make any turkey Hunter smile!

Bowguy

Schafer or SS would be my choice for a great call relatively quick. If you're willing to wait a bit longer the skies open.
Certain makers would be available in some fashion through midway but if you had one made up you can have the maker personalize it maybe saying "Thanks for being my friend".
"To a great buddy" you know something like that. Even just his name so he knows you expended some thought.

SteelerFan

Agree with others. Get a hold of Al at SS Custom Calls - get a nice short box with it signed "Made for my friend _________" by Al & Josh Shoemaker - may it always bring good luck! (Your name here)

Or something like that...

KentuckyHeadhunter

Another vote for the Shoemaker's on this one. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Snood Life

southern_leo

Get a couple calls from call makers here would be my suggestiongreat calls at great prices. Also don't rule out some nice strikers. Prarie has a huge selection of strikers at good prices and you could assemble a grab bag. If you do this I strongly suggest a tulipwood, yellow heart, and black and tan be in the mix.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Pooh4459

I agree with the hen box. There a more unique call that he probably doesn't have. I also don't know anyone who wouldn't appreciate it.

TauntoHawk

I've given box calls, pots, and scratch boxes.. Agreed a hen box would be a very unique gift not many but really serious guys have many of those.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>