OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DSD mating motion decoys

Started by bigbird, April 23, 2018, 06:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

Has anyone used these yet this season and how did they work for you?

Happy

I tried them and it didn't go so well. The tom  only made it 15 seconds before he fell off and went to sleep.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Chase0311

My buddy bought one recently. Literally, during our first hunt using it, the head separated from the body, and I have no clue what may have caused it. We reached out to DSD about this, and have been disappointed to say the least with their responses and lack of customer service to make the situation right.

CDNduckslayer

Looks like that decoy suffered a heavy blow of some sore to break like that. Surprising they won't cover it but I'm sure they must be thinking its a case of abuse.

Chase0311

Quote from: CDNduckslayer on April 23, 2018, 09:29:52 AM
Looks like that decoy suffered a heavy blow of some sore to break like that. Surprising they won't cover it but I'm sure they must be thinking its a case of abuse.

That happened when the decoy was removed from the stake believe it or not. After DSD saw the pictures of it and responded (well that was nearly a week later after I had to send an additional follow up email), they wanted me to pay to have it sent back to them to be looked at. This decoy was bought new for over $300 only to break during the first hunt. I was shocked DSD would tell a customer in this situation that they should spend an additional 30-40 bucks of their hard earned money on buying a large box and paying for shipping costs to have it sent back to them. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's not a reasonable solution for a loyal customer who is now decoyless in the middle of turkey season.

davisd9

Quote from: Chase0311 on April 23, 2018, 10:39:53 AM
Quote from: CDNduckslayer on April 23, 2018, 09:29:52 AM

That happened when the decoy was removed from the stake believe it or not. After DSD saw the pictures of it and responded (well that was nearly a week later after I had to send an additional follow up email), they wanted me to pay to have it sent back to them to be looked at. This decoy was bought new for over $300 only to break during the first hunt. I was shocked DSD would tell a customer in this situation that they should spend an additional 30-40 bucks of their hard earned money on buying a large box and paying for shipping costs to have it sent back to them. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's not a reasonable solution for a loyal customer who is now decoyless in the middle of turkey season.

Hate it happened and I agree they should do more. They definitely should have you send it and they cover expense, but you would be fine not having it while it was tended to. Lots of gobblers die without the use of decoys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer