OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Max Gobbler Shooters?

Started by Wingbone, April 20, 2018, 10:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingbone

How many guys are using them? I have been pleased with mine,  and have touted that thing all over the country.  But I wonder if the regs change on the "bump stocks", will that effect our Max Gobblers? I know I can sling around 500 rounds/ min with mine lol.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

1iagobblergetter

I have one . Rarely use it. Your talking pump verse semi auto,but with bump stock turns semi auto into automatic..The only way it would effect using one is if it said something about using an adjustable stock.

codym

I have one, only shot it to sight it in. It's a back up gun or loaner. I've never killed a bird with it but my fiends and father has. I do keep it loaded with a cylinder choke and buckshot as a home defense piece the rest of the year. I need to kill something with it myself.

Gobble!

Been using mine for years. Trying to remember when I got it. I think it was 2008. Added a shurshot foreend, timney trigger, burris fast fire with guard, and a .675 indian creek. It was pretty rough looking last year but got it dipped last month.

Wingbone

Obviously I was just being sarcastic about the rapid fire with mine,  but it does have what the leftist considers an evil "bump stock." It wouldn't matter if it was on a crossbow,  the left would think it would make it a machine-gun-bow. So, my fear was that,  even though it doesn't turn our shotgun into an automatic, I'd still have to take the stock off if the ban happened.

Gobble- that is an awesome dip job in the Bottomland.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Gobble!

Quote from: Wingbone on April 20, 2018, 03:43:58 PM
Obviously I was just being sarcastic about the rapid fire with mine,  but it does have what the leftist considers an evil "bump stock." It wouldn't matter if it was on a crossbow,  the left would think it would make it a machine-gun-bow. So, my fear was that,  even though it doesn't turn our shotgun into an automatic, I'd still have to take the stock off if the ban happened.

Gobble- that is an awesome dip job in the Bottomland.

The stock is already illegal where I live, Maryland. I never looked into it but assume I'm good since the law was passed after I owned the gun but I'm really not sure.

KyScott

I have one and have killed a lot of birds with it. I bought it new around 2008 but have since upgraded the stock to the new Knox Gen 3. I shoot mostly Hevi 13 7 shot through it with an original Jelly Head .665. I love it and the turkeys hate it!

KyScott

Also that dip job looks awesome Gobble

Gobble!