OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington 4 x 6 Duplex???? I really miss this round Can someone help  (Read 5100 times)

Offline Coroner01

I am looking for a location of this ammo.  I live in Northern Illinois and have used all of my supplies up, if you know where I can purchase it from, Im all in for quite a few boxes. Thanks   al

Offline Brwndg

Re: Remington 4 x 6 Duplex???? I really miss this round Can someone help
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 06:10:16 AM »
al, I shot that ammo years ago. I was going thru some old gear and came across four shells.
2 3/4” 12 gauge 4x6 Duplex.
I know it ain’t much but...
You interested?
Tim
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 06:08:13 AM »
I am looking for a location of this ammo.  I live in Northern Illinois and have used all of my supplies up, if you know where I can purchase it from, Im all in for quite a few boxes. Thanks   al
I sent you a PM that I found some PM me back if you want info!!!

Offline roverboy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 09:27:49 PM »
I killed my first bird with one.
Listen for the gobble

Offline Aurora Wild

• Aurora Wild
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 10:28:30 PM »
My brother and I killed a few birds with those back in the 80'S. I think I have a few left laying around.  When I ran low on those I bought Remington premier 5s. No comparison.  Dont know why they discontinued this load. Seems when they get something right they take 2 steps back. Like thier hevi shot offerings.  I emailed them and told them they were missing the boat. Load 2 oz 3 inch 12 ga loads.  They emailed back that they thought thier loads were good enough. 2 years later hevi shot takes its ball and leaves...

Offline 10gaugemag

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 11:11:51 AM »
They all do it. I started using Winchester XX 10 gauge #5 with 2 1/4 oz shot back in the mid 90s. Those loads through my .695 Hastings threw one wicked  pattern.

Jump forward a few years and they went to 2 oz loads and now they no longer offer a #5 in 10 gauge.

Offline 457121

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 08:11:20 PM »
They all do it. I started using Winchester XX 10 gauge #5 with 2 1/4 oz shot back in the mid 90s. Those loads through my .695 Hastings threw one wicked  pattern.

Jump forward a few years and they went to 2 oz loads and now they no longer offer a #5 in 10 gauge.
I think you are mistaken. Winchester offers Double X 10ga. with #4 or #5 in a 2oz., 1300 fps load. Ten round box.

Offline Coroner01

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 12:19:43 AM »
Update....one year later,  I found some at a place in Forreston, Illinois called Smokin Gun Worx.....so surprised they had it.....I now have my favorite turkey load ready for my gun to fire in May..........al

Offline MS!48

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 10:03:44 PM »
I killed my first 10 turkeys or so with the 3" 4x6 load. There was a true value that had a bunch in the late 90's my dad got me when I started. Lots of memories of those old green shells lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 07:46:06 PM »
Update....one year later,  I found some at a place in Forreston, Illinois called Smokin Gun Worx.....so surprised they had it.....I now have my favorite turkey load ready for my gun to fire in May..........al

Hey big Al !!! You still after them 4x6s? Try callin Whittakers 270-229-0140. Call cuz the website SUCKS !!!