OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
DC Cattle Ranch

Author Topic: Remington 4 x 6 Duplex???? I really miss this round Can someone help  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Coroner01

I am looking for a location of this ammo.  I live in Northern Illinois and have used all of my supplies up, if you know where I can purchase it from, Im all in for quite a few boxes. Thanks   al

Offline Brwndg

Re: Remington 4 x 6 Duplex???? I really miss this round Can someone help
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 06:10:16 AM »
al, I shot that ammo years ago. I was going thru some old gear and came across four shells.
2 3/4” 12 gauge 4x6 Duplex.
I know it ain’t much but...
You interested?
Tim

Offline BINK McCARTY

• Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 06:08:13 AM »
I am looking for a location of this ammo.  I live in Northern Illinois and have used all of my supplies up, if you know where I can purchase it from, Im all in for quite a few boxes. Thanks   al
I sent you a PM that I found some PM me back if you want info!!!

Offline roverboy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 09:27:49 PM »
I killed my first bird with one.
Listen for the gobble

Offline Aurora Wild

• Aurora Wild
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 10:28:30 PM »
My brother and I killed a few birds with those back in the 80'S. I think I have a few left laying around.  When I ran low on those I bought Remington premier 5s. No comparison.  Dont know why they discontinued this load. Seems when they get something right they take 2 steps back. Like thier hevi shot offerings.  I emailed them and told them they were missing the boat. Load 2 oz 3 inch 12 ga loads.  They emailed back that they thought thier loads were good enough. 2 years later hevi shot takes its ball and leaves...

Offline 10gaugemag

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 11:11:51 AM »
They all do it. I started using Winchester XX 10 gauge #5 with 2 1/4 oz shot back in the mid 90s. Those loads through my .695 Hastings threw one wicked  pattern.

Jump forward a few years and they went to 2 oz loads and now they no longer offer a #5 in 10 gauge.

Offline 457121

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 08:11:20 PM »
They all do it. I started using Winchester XX 10 gauge #5 with 2 1/4 oz shot back in the mid 90s. Those loads through my .695 Hastings threw one wicked  pattern.

Jump forward a few years and they went to 2 oz loads and now they no longer offer a #5 in 10 gauge.
I think you are mistaken. Winchester offers Double X 10ga. with #4 or #5 in a 2oz., 1300 fps load. Ten round box.