OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sumtoy chokes are the best !

Started by spursandbeards, April 21, 2011, 08:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spursandbeards

william  of sumtoy costoms chokes built me  one of his chokes . I was only able to put maybe if i was lucky 14 pellets in the target at 40 yards but with his choke  i was able to put 223 pellets in the 10 inch circle at 40 yards ,free handed with overcast skies

thank ya William
                                                                                                                sumtoy chokes are the best i have shot yet..... get choked .                                               

spursandbeards

I was shooting rem 870 21inch barrel hev13#7 the choke is 658 sumtoy

SKFOOTER

Evidently you haven't patterned that load thru a Jellyhead .660???  If you had, your 10 inch pattern would be approaching 300. :z-guntootsmiley:   And no disrepect to Sumtoy chokes.

K9-Doc

Come on SKFOOTER!  223 is respectable in a 3" 2oz.load.
That was one shot, and we don't even know the. lot#.
:happy0064:   Shoot a gobbler with that setup.  That will do fine!

Gobble!

Quote from: SKFOOTER on April 21, 2011, 10:40:27 PM
Evidently you haven't patterned that load thru a Jellyhead .660???  If you had, your 10 inch pattern would be approaching 300. :z-guntootsmiley:   And no disrepect to Sumtoy chokes.

even if it was 3.5" it would depend on the lot number. Your not going to get 300 with the 300488s or the 300487s

Quote from: spursandbeards on April 21, 2011, 08:47:47 PM
william  of sumtoy costoms chokes built me  one of his chokes . I was only able to put maybe if i was lucky 14 pellets in the target at 40 yards but with his choke  i was able to put 223 pellets in the 10 inch circle at 40 yards ,free handed with overcast skies

thank ya William
                                                                                                                sumtoy chokes are the best i have shot yet..... get choked .                                               

that will do the job. nice pattern!!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Anything over 150 with any setup is lights out in the woods.  There is a huge numbers game going on right now. 

10" circle numbers are great, but I don't necessarily call that a great pattern, by itself.  There's more to a pattern, than a 10" circle.  However, some of these guys have a great 20" pattern, AND a great 10" circle.  We need to figure out and emulate what they're doing.

Congrats on breaking 200 at 40. :z-winnersmiley:

bowhunter84

SumToy

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on April 22, 2011, 08:43:57 AM
Anything over 150 with any setup is lights out in the woods.  There is a huge numbers game going on right now.  

10" circle numbers are great, but I don't necessarily call that a great pattern, by itself.  There's more to a pattern, than a 10" circle.  However, some of these guys have a great 20" pattern, AND a great 10" circle.  We need to figure out and emulate what they're doing.

Congrats on breaking 200 at 40. :z-winnersmiley:

That is true.  This is a hunting gun.  If you look at the pattern it will have some room for the guy that is nervous.   This 10 inch deal is good to sale chokes but bad for the hunter I think.   I look at the 10 inch with 300 plus at 40 and think that is a target gun 30 yards and in.    I can not see that you need it you just need a good even pattern.  How Dead is Dead.  
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

pitjeep

i want to see one of the 300 hit targets shot at 30-33 yards.

SumToy

Pitjeep look down the list a few weeks back. I put one up that was 3-2-7. It was 411 that we could count.  He shot 3 times at same bird 1st day. That bird has not stop running.  LoL
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Gobble!

Quote from: pitjeep on April 22, 2011, 09:24:50 AM
i want to see one of the 300 hit targets shot at 30-33 yards.

This was at 20 yards. This years 3.5" Hevi13 #7s. Did 225 at 40 yards.

clg9mm

14 pellets to over 200?

I guess there was something really wrong with your ammo choke gun combo prior to the sumtoy choke. What was your prior set up? I'm sure the sumtoy choke is nice but something is odd here.

SumToy

I did not see the gun shoot. I will say it was a 21 inch barrel with a ______ choke in it.  JD had been shooting federal FCW shells.  He is a good youth huntter that was looking for a hunting pattern not a numbers gun.  Now the numbers his little 21 inch barrel with 3 inch shell put up is something he can have fun with.

spursandbeards

this is my son post and gun and pattern he was shooting #5 and #4 feds and win ammo the # he is talking about is true they were not good but he killed brids with it its not about # for him its a good pattern and thats what hes got sumtoy (William) told me what to get i did and thats the pattern we got his gun is stock no work has been done on it you cant wipe the smile off his face withtthis pattern and thats all that matters he hunts with that gun not target shoots thinks for all the comm. thinks WILLIAM for the time spent on wednesday with J.d. and myself   SUMTOY COUSTOM GET CHOKED                                                   

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I think he meant 14 pellets in the head and neck of a turkey target.