OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossberg super bantam 500 20 gauge  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Mossberg835

Mossberg super bantam 500 20 gauge
« on: April 19, 2018, 09:55:57 PM »
Any one have one of these? Thinking of getting one that I could set up and let my young daughter use but also I could tote.

Offline allaboutshooting

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
    • allaboutshooting
Re: Mossberg super bantam 500 20 gauge
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 11:27:31 PM »
Any one have one of these? Thinking of getting one that I could set up and let my young daughter use but also I could tote.
I have one set-up for one of my grandsons. It was already drilled & tapped so I put a Truglo red dot sight on it, an ATI T3 stock on it and a Swarm .555 choke in it. Fully equipped it's very light & quick.
You do need to be aware that standard Mossberg 20 gauge will not fit on that gun, so you are pretty much limited to the barrel that comes with it.

It does a very good job with #7 shot H-13, Federal 3rd Degree, WLB #6 shot and Federal Heavyweight(15 gr/cc.) I have some of the new Federal 20s TSS, 3rd Degree but have not been to the range to try them through this gun.

I've just been looking for good coverage at 30-35 yards max and not counting numbers and all delivered that.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."