OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Carlson's Long Beard XR Turkey Choke Tube and Mossberg Accu-choke  (Read 2021 times)

Offline thunderbirder

Hey all, I was hoping you could help me figure out whether Carlson's Long Beard XR choke will fit on my Mossberg 590 with the Accu - Choke.
The closest model of the Carlson's choke I found was:

X-Full Turkey
Firearm Model: Mossberg 835/935
Size .683"

Any help would be appreciated,
Al

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Carlson's Long Beard XR Turkey Choke Tube and Mossberg Accu-choke
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 12:43:08 PM »
It is probably the same as the 500 which uses the Accu-Choke.  The 835s and 935s take the Accu-Mag chokes.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline thunderbirder

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 01:27:35 PM »
It is probably the same as the 500 which uses the Accu-Choke.  The 835s and 935s take the Accu-Mag chokes.

Thanks, you're right. The threading diameter is different on the Accu - choke vs the Accu - Mag.
After checking further, it looks like the Calrson's turkey choke for the Browning Invector, size .660", is the one I'm looking for. This is the interchange list I based this on: https://basspro.scene7.com/is/content/BassPro/99_PDF/Carlsons2014ChokeTubeInterchangeGuide.pdf

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 01:30:01 PM »
Accu-Choke is the same as the Invector and Win Choke system.  It will work in some mossbergs, some winchesters, some brownings, and I think the Weatherby SA-459. Good luck.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Snoody Bastid

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 11:02:20 PM »
Accu-Choke is the same as the Invector and Win Choke system.  It will work in some mossbergs, some winchesters, some brownings, and I think the Weatherby SA-459. Good luck.

^ Plus the Ithaca Mod 37/87 (non-Ohio made guns). I just picked up a mint Mod. 87 3" gun to use this season.