OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Burris FF3 Shooting Low  (Read 2139 times)

Offline WVU

Burris FF3 Shooting Low
« on: April 19, 2018, 05:51:59 AM »
I’m having some issues with my FF3 and getting the POA/POI to match up. The set up is hitting about a foot low at 20 yards,but, the sight is out of adjustments and won’t go any further. The set up is mounted on my Beretta A400 xtreme with a Speedbead Mount. I did not use any inserts on the mount which means the sight can’t sit any lower/closer to the reciever or barrel.

It seems the only way to get the sight to adjust any lower is to shim the back of the FF3 or Speedbead Mount with something.

Am I missing something?

Offline Oxley777

Re: Burris FF3 Shooting Low
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 08:39:48 AM »
umtactical makes a 1 degree delrin shim for ff3. Not sure if that will be enough for your set up. Prob be worth trying though.

Offline reynolds243

• Longbeard
  • Lebanon TN
    • Simmons Calls
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 11:51:33 AM »
easy fix is get a piece of felt with adhesive back and shim the back. I did the front the same way on my 20g M2 FF set up. Has held rock solid for almost 3 years.

Offline WVU

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 01:47:50 PM »
Thanks

Offline kellyguinn

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 02:39:33 PM »
umtactical makes a 1 degree delrin shim for ff3. Not sure if that will be enough for your set up. Prob be worth trying though.

Yes sir. Was going to say the same thing.

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 04:14:05 PM »
A 1 degree tilt should be about 1 foot at 20 yards.  Can you stack two 1 degree shims?  That would give you some range for adjustment.