OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Great little call

Started by EZ, April 18, 2018, 07:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Just wanted to let folks know about a nice little yelper I got in the mail tonight. It's a nice little Osage trumpet that Daryal Gosey (NCbowjunkie) makes. It's very well made, runs easily and rolls over very nicely. To top it off, he's calling it an entry level Trumpet and is only charging $40!!!!

I wish I could posts pics but I'm having computer problems. If anyone has any pics, post 'em up.
Anyone wishing to try Trumpets or add another one to their arsenal, you got to check them out!

Terry

I received one as well and was pleasantly surprised at how well this call plays for the price and size of it. I was able to play it instantly without having to change my draw. Very cool little call!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chris O

What kind of wood is yours Terry? I have thought about trying a shorter call to see how much difference there is. Thanks for sharing

Terry

It's walnut. I've somewhat struggled with shorter calls, but not this one. It plays the same for me as a standard sized trumpet. Daryal can explain why.

To be straightforward, this isn't a collectors piece, but it's a well built hunting call that plays better than I thought it would. If someone was on a tight budget, I'd recommend this for a first trumpet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

outdoors

WOW SOUNDS REALLY GOOD  , IM WANTING ONE ALSO ......
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

shoer2

Got one  just like  it really easy to run killed a bird with it this spring.

bencattin

I would like to try one of these. Please contact me.
IF TURKEYS COULD SMELL WE WOULD NEVER KILL ONE!

bencattin

I have one on the way !  :z-guntootsmiley:
IF TURKEYS COULD SMELL WE WOULD NEVER KILL ONE!

mgm1955