OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: MIA  (Read 2272 times)

Offline kyhareraiser

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
MIA
« on: April 23, 2018, 10:17:27 PM »
 :turkey2:  this about sums up about the way i been doing . running all around here in Ky. trying to hereca gobble. on opening morning i had one gobbling a mecand i played my cards just right. , if i must say so i played them to right. lol. i had him fired up and i was scratching in leaves and calling in low tones and he was hammering  . then things got quite so i said to mysel well he’s on the way now ,  about 4 minutes i hadn’t heard him so i. cut loose with some low yelps and purrs then i did a series of excited cackles and next thing i know that bird landed i bet 8-9 steps tight in front of me and was running as he landed right at me .  needless to say i got excited and missed did sayvat 7 yards , he wheeled around and was heading out and me being rattled over mom freaking me out i finally found a smell and i’d say he was about 40 yatdscand i finally got the shell in the chamber and blazed but it was a no go.  ever since opening mornings happening i have not heard a gobblecatvall.  thevbetter half wanted to come to Tenn. a day or two and i needed a break so we came. I do however have a new spot to go hunt when i get back Wed.  I’ll keep y’all posted .  I apologize for my lack of participation with the team. i beg your forgiveness .

Offline harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
Re: MIA
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 11:04:16 PM »
:turkey2:  this about sums up about the way i been doing . running all around here in Ky. trying to hereca gobble. on opening morning i had one gobbling a mecand i played my cards just right. , if i must say so i played them to right. lol. i had him fired up and i was scratching in leaves and calling in low tones and he was hammering  . then things got quite so i said to mysel well he’s on the way now ,  about 4 minutes i hadn’t heard him so i. cut loose with some low yelps and purrs then i did a series of excited cackles and next thing i know that bird landed i bet 8-9 steps tight in front of me and was running as he landed right at me .  needless to say i got excited and missed did sayvat 7 yards , he wheeled around and was heading out and me being rattled over mom freaking me out i finally found a smell and i’d say he was about 40 yatdscand i finally got the shell in the chamber and blazed but it was a no go.  ever since opening mornings happening i have not heard a gobblecatvall.  thevbetter half wanted to come to Tenn. a day or two and i needed a break so we came. I do however have a new spot to go hunt when i get back Wed.  I’ll keep y’all posted .  I apologize for my lack of participation with the team. i beg your forgiveness .
Hang in there, some years are just tough that way. Good news is when the floodgates open they usually are wide open. Enjoy the hunt and let the results come as they will.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline kyhareraiser

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: MIA
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 12:12:21 AM »
Thank you HarleyTom.  It’s not just me . seems a lot of my hunting buds are having the same problem with no gobblin.  can’t wait to get home to start chasing ole’ 3 toes  again