turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 magnum 20ga Nitro 4x5x7

Started by batsonbe, January 12, 2018, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batsonbe

I posted this in the 20ga pattern pics thread and no one had responded yet. I'm adding it here to see if I can get any feedback. Thank you!

It seems like most people are shooting the HW Fed #7's. They are definitely throwing awesome patterns for you all! Does any one on here shoot the nitro 4x5x7? My buddy is saling me all of his hevishot for dirt cheap. I have a sumtoy .562 on the way. Eager to pattern my little 20ga. It was the first gun I ever purchased when I was a little boy.

Nitro says they should put 140-170 in a 10" at 40yrds. From what I could tell some people shooting the HW #7's were getting better counts but the majority were getting somewhere in that pellet count range or less.

SumToy

In the past they have did good.   Now did you order 562 or 570
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

batsonbe

3bailey3

Hey William I have a 562 that I have been shooting 7's out my M2 but I just got some of Apex's 9's that I wanted to try, will this choke be ok with that shot?

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

sevetts

Nitro 4x5x7s will out shoot federals heavys by a long shot if you find what they like. I shot an Indian creek .555 so 562 should be really good, maybe better. I would expect 180+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

batsonbe

Glad to hear that! Looking forward to patterning it

casersmcdoo

Poppahunts

Quote from: SumToy on January 13, 2018, 03:52:53 AM
In the past they have did good.   Now did you order 562 or 570

Have some folks had better luck with the 570 ?
I have got one of your 562's and does pretty well,  but I'll take what ever improvement I can get...
Turkeys For Tomorrow Member
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
Life is hard, twice as hard if your stupid
               - John Wayne

mightyjoeyoung

You won't known until you go shoot some. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.