turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

winchester 1300

Started by RED NECK, April 17, 2018, 09:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrubacker

Looks good! I have used the Mossyoak Graphics wrap in the past with good success.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

RED NECK

I added a slip on recoil pad today and It will definitely make a huge difference on the shoulder and I can already tell it is a lot more comfortable than the original pad on gun.I haven't purchased the ati pistol grip stock for this yet,they were out of stock locally and I haven't been back to check,I may pick one up before April to test but this gun is setup and ready to go,long beard 3" #4's is deadly with the undertaker choke.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

lowoctane

Hey buddy, will ya post the LB 3x4 pattern out of that Undertaker? Thx! :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

RED NECK

I don't keep papers or take pictures when i pattern a gun,I just see no need too.If i did I would post it for you though.I was and have been super impressed with long beards and that was the first time I put #4's downrange.

lowoctane

It would've been nice to see how that choke/load combo worked... :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

dbishop

That's a nice looking rig you have there buddy!  I'm eagerly waiting for my new to me 1300 to arrive at my local gun shop.  Found a nice looking older factory advantage camo turkey gun on gunbroker the other day that needed a new home, lol.  I'm going to try some 3" longbeards with a .670 pure gold choke and see what those patterns look like.

RED NECK

I took the scope off and am planning on running fiber optics on this gun,I wanted to test the scope on another gun without buying a new scope,this gun is a backup and it shoots dead on with fiber optics,I am either going to pick up a new set in the next few weeks or try just the front red bead stick already on,I know it shoots dead on as I used it like this for a few years.

RED NECK

I have had this gun since I was a teenager,I would never part with it,It is an awesome shooting gun,I just do not like scopes or red dot/reflex sights on my 12 gauges,no need for myself.I took scope off to try it on a 20 gauge.I prefer fiber optics,this gun is killing it with the undertaker and #4 long beards.

RED NECK

I took this gun and fired two #4 long beards at 50 yards,I am just heading into buy the ati pistol grip for this gun.I plan on adding it and scoping it and getting back out to shoot again,very happy again with the long beard #4's,I have a box of #5's I may try later this week as well.I will post pictures of targets later when I get home.

lowoctane

With all due respect, OG's accepted length of effectiveness is 40 yds... :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

RED NECK

Quote from: lowoctane on April 14, 2019, 12:09:39 PM
With all due respect, OG's accepted length of effectiveness is 40 yds... :camohat:
with all due respect I will pattern my guns at any yardage I want,I have never said anything about shooting a bird past 40 yards.......so,lets be real with this rule.....or will the internet wannabe cops come along and try and police me?...you know the ones......

RED NECK

I did not get the pistol grip as they did not have it in stock and for a strange reason those targets seemed to have vanished but what an AMAZING pattern to 39.99 yards...........like I always would tell a client.Get off your  and pattern your guns yourself to see how it shoots.Good luck to everyone this spring,including the forum Sheriffs,and the Deputy's in training.

RED NECK

I've peeled the camo skin off,mounted another 1.75-4 circle plex Bushnell trophy and just ordered a pistol grip that is supposed to fit this gun, I am hoping it does as I may send this gun away after this season and have it dipped.I may test some 3" tss #7 from this gun in the next few weeks as well.

Tom007

Can't wait to see the pics........
"Solo hunter"

RED NECK

The pistol grip arrived and it took me about 15 minutes to install it.I like it but it does not have a sling attachment so that is something I am going to fix today.I also ordered more shells,longbeard xr 4,5 and 6's in 3" a box of each for now.