turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

winchester 1300

Started by RED NECK, April 17, 2018, 09:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I have two of these and I am thinking about putting a different stock and forend on the black matte version.I have contacted boyds to see if they can build a left handed thumbhole stock for me.I have not used it for years,It has been a backup for me.I have it setup with a undertaker choke and a bushnell 1-4x20 with circle plex.The gun shoots excellent with Longbeard 5 & 6's in 3".

I plan on keeping the gun barrel and receiver original color/finish.I just want to spice this gun up a little and try a new stock,I have also been thinking of the ati 6 position stock for it.Let's hear some thoughts on the stock options for the winchester 1300.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

BrowningGuy88

I have a couple of these. Both have regular butt stocks on them. One is the NWTF 18.5" rifle sight version and the other is the NWTF 22" Engraved Laminated version. I have a 6 position pistol grip stock for the 18.5" gun, but I don't use it right now. I may swap to it next year if I put optics on the gun.

RED NECK

They emailed me right back and they can not build a thumbhole stock for this gun.That sucks.I have really taken a liking to the boyds thumbhole stocks the last few weeks.I may just start a new gun build for 2019 and leave this alone.I rarely use it,If my brother gets out,this is the gun he uses.

RED NECK

I pulled this gun out tonight and I want to carry it a few times this spring,I took the scope and weaver base off and put on a hi-viz-triviz turkey fiber optic sight I had here.I am now planning on wrapping it in obsession camo gun wrap and adding a pistol grip stock, for next year.I will be taking it and patterning it this weekend with the fiber optic sight and then toting it in the woods a few times this spring.

RED NECK

I patterned it this morning with long beard #4's,It's a solid 40 yard + killer,I patterned it out to 50 yards and was very happy.I had a box of 4's that I wasn't using and wanted to try a different shell through this gun.I am going to start shopping for a pistol grip today for it.

RED NECK

I ordered a few different patterns on realtree and mossy oak camo kits this afternoon and plan on ordering the ati pistol grip this week for the gun.I thought about having it dipped but for the price it would cost and I really like the gun wrap kits,as they look great,hold up very well and they are inexpensive so I can change every few years for a different pattern.I plan on wrapping this gun in realtree xtra green wrap and adding the pistol grip for this year,maybe add a simmons pro diamond for next spring.

This is going to be my project gun for 2019,I should have it wrapped sometime next week and then will be wrapping the pistol grip as well when I do buy it.I have had this gun since I was 13,It was a gift from my dad who has the same gun in realtree original camo.

I may tote this opening morning this year,still haven't decided but I want to start hunting with it more,and with a face lift it will make me want to tote it around.

RED NECK

Just got in from scouting this morning.I am waiting for the store to open and then going to buy some more long beard #4's in 3" and heading back up to dial in and make sure this gun is dead on with the scope that I had took off,I put it back on last night.This gun will be in my hands opening moring this year if all goes well today.I may get the realtree original 1300 from my father and put some sights or a scope on it,I know he has not hunted with it since 2011 as he bought a few other guns to use.That gun has over 40 tom kills on its resume,I may try and add a few to it as well over the next few years.

RED NECK

I have lots of shotguns and usually carry my browning bps 12 gauge nwtf 3.5" as it's my favorite gun ever built to kill toms with but this gun has impressed me the last few days,and it will be in my hands opening morning and I am going to send it away after season to have it dipped with the pistol grip,I am thinking either mossy oak obsession,original bottomland or bottomland.

I was more than impressed with the pattern at 20-30-40 and 50 yards today when i took it back out and dialed it in.

RED NECK

I received one roll of the realtree xtra green hunter speciality gun tape today and just wrapped the gun.It is easier to work w
ith than the mossy oak gun wraps or the gunskin gun wrap,it however does not give you enough to wrap the whole gun,I am short on the stock and a few small spots on gun.I am waiting on a second roll for the pistol grip and to finish stock and a few other small areas,I think it looks great and if it holds up.There will be no reason to get it dipped.I am impressed so far,other than they are just a tad short for a gun.It was worth the few dollars.The xtra green looks great.

The Southpaw

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 17, 2018, 01:23:46 PM
They emailed me right back and they can not build a thumbhole stock for this gun.That sucks.I have really taken a liking to the boyds thumbhole stocks the last few weeks.I may just start a new gun build for 2019 and leave this alone.I rarely use it,If my brother gets out,this is the gun he uses.

Iv'e been trying to get Boyds to build a left handed stock for my browning x bolt for three years. They actually make a left handed stock/right handed action, but not a regular left handed stock.

RED NECK

I finished wrapping this gun sunday and it looks great and patterns amazing out to 50 yards.I plan on taking it later this week for a hunt.This gun has been named "The Punisher".......

lowoctane

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 24, 2018, 01:24:03 PM
I received one roll of the realtree xtra green hunter speciality gun tape today and just wrapped the gun.It is easier to work w
ith than the mossy oak gun wraps or the gunskin gun wrap,it however does not give you enough to wrap the whole gun,I am short on the stock and a few small spots on gun.I am waiting on a second roll for the pistol grip and to finish stock and a few other small areas,I think it looks great and if it holds up.There will be no reason to get it dipped.I am impressed so far,other than they are just a tad short for a gun.It was worth the few dollars.The xtra green looks great.
Please post some pics. Thx!  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

mikejd

Winchester 1300 is my favorite turkey gun. I have toted many different ones but I always go back to my 1300.

RED NECK

No idea how to post pics,this site is way to complicated,I wish I could but I am not going through all that to post a picture.

RED NECK

lets try it now....the mossy oak gun skins hold up better,this has started to peel in a few spots and It hasn't been out of the safe since last spring,I will trim it up and see if it holds up.....