turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help with Sneed outlaw hen

Started by Pooh4459, April 17, 2018, 03:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh4459

Can someone please tell me if your supposed to condition sneeds green glass? I didn't know if that's why it was green so u didn't have to condition or not. I think it needs conditioned but all the pics I see none of them are. Thanks for your advice

coyote1

Yes you do have to condition the green glass. I use a conditioning stone on mine, could try dry wall screen also. Once you wipe the slurry off after working it with the stone it is really hard to see the conditioned spot on that green glass.

palongbeard

Drywall screen works well on Outlaw Hen. 

tracker#1

On mine I use a stone, drywall screen also works, I have a sweet spot where Lonnie put the turkey tracks come up the side of the call. I condition only that small spot. I agree, it's hard to see. Possibly, you can take a small 1/2 inch to 1/4 " square piece of electrical tape and mark the side of the call so you can see and locate it in the woods.......

mspaci

tracker#1

JonD.

Quote from: tracker#1 on April 17, 2018, 08:54:44 AM
On mine I use a stone, drywall screen also works, I have a sweet spot where Lonnie put the turkey tracks come up the side of the call. I condition only that small spot. I agree, it's hard to see. Possibly, you can take a small 1/2 inch to 1/4 " square piece of electrical tape and mark the side of the call so you can see and locate it in the woods.......

I noticed on both of my calls that he made, the sweet spot on each one is where he put the tracks coming up the side. I'm guessing he did this on purpose to mark it.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..