OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: bought 1st pot call last year. blacked out the last 30 days and bought some more  (Read 4154 times)

Offline goblr77

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Don’t worry. Your addiction will only get worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
Congrats on some great calls and I am glad that I am not alone. I haven’t been on here too long either and have gone overboard with the call buying. I do truly enjoy playing calls all year long and trying different ones is what makes it fun. There are many worse ways to spend your money.

Offline Goblue4016

Haha thanks for the tips everyone! This forum has been a tremendous help for me over the last year and hopefully I will get my 1st turkey this year! In Illinois and my lottery week isn’t for another week

Offline Caspar

i bought five more calls this week and it seems like the more i buy, the bigger my list gets!! if this keeps up my wife is going to kill me! lol

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
i bought five more calls this week and it seems like the more i buy, the bigger my list gets!! if this keeps up my wife is going to kill me! lol
Sometimes it's worth the butt chewing, I average that into the cost of the call lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline Caspar

yea its defintely worth a butt chewing! ???? shes pretty good about me buying stuff but she doesnt understand the turkey call addiction. she just rolled her eyes when i told her i bought more. then she asked how many i needed. my reply was the same it is for guns.....all of them. lol. ill buy her something and all will be good......that is until she finds out about the two i bought today. hehehe. might be hiding those ones. but at least one of them was a call that i can scratch off my list.

Offline yelpy

• Double Beard
The first step is admitting you have a problem, welcome to
The club my friend. It only gets worse!
It definitely does..Wait until you get into virtually every kind of turkey call,books,old school guns,etc..
Tip= Buy several calls at one time from one callmaker. One box coming in the mail doesn't draw as much attention as several throughout the week. Lol..
Great idea!!!!!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Offline ATROX

Don’t worry, I have an addiction with Turkey Calls and Custom Knives. I used to be married but now divorced, Praise the Lord. But when I was married I was thankful that had an office address to send all my Turkey Calls too, I’d say for me Knives and turkey Calls are more addictive than cigarettes. Lol, just saying

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
I think I am on the edge of this addiction to custom pots. I only found this forum a week ago and have visited at least a half dozen different pot makers web sites. I have not purchased any but close on a Sinclair.

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
Nice collection. Which ones do you carry???

Offline roverboy

I bought a glass call when I first started hunting and now have about 6. I've made a bunch and sold some and gave some away over the last few years.
Listen for the gobble

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
Call collecting is a drug, I want to try them all and nothing will ever completely fix the DT's I get when I see one I want!!!  Blame away brother, you are not alone!