turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 ga Magnum Blend in Rem .870 youth

Started by chestnut oak, April 16, 2018, 09:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meatseeker

My Rem 870 youth shoots 180 counts at 40 yards with Hevi-Magnum blend and a Truglo SSX.  Deadly

CrustyRusty

Wow,  I have same setup and don't even get those numbers with hw 7's.   My gun with magblends gets only around 100

Quote from: Meatseeker on April 19, 2018, 10:01:08 PM
My Rem 870 youth shoots 180 counts at 40 yards with Hevi-Magnum blend and a Truglo SSX.  Deadly

davisd9

Quote from: CrustyRusty on April 20, 2018, 08:41:59 AM
Wow,  I have same setup and don't even get those numbers with hw 7's.   My gun with magblends gets only around 100

Quote from: Meatseeker on April 19, 2018, 10:01:08 PM

26" barrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Hotgun900

Decent but nothing compared to the federal TSS

RED NECK

I sighted in and patterned the long beard #6's out to 40 yards this morning,I was more then happy with the long beard #6's at 40 yards,there was 25+ pellets in the kill zone on the turkey, and when I put the mag blend shell in and fired it at 40 yards there was 40+ pellets.I will be using both from my 870.I would not hunt with it if I wasn't confident out to 40 yards.I was very happy with the long beards,I had my .575 carlson non ported in gun.Good luck this spring,I start wednesday and can't wait.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

chestnut oak

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 21, 2018, 10:59:04 AM
I sighted in and patterned the long beard #6's out to 40 yards this morning,I was more then happy with the long beard #6's at 40 yards,there was 25+ pellets in the kill zone on the turkey, and when I put the mag blend shell in and fired it at 40 yards there was 40+ pellets.I will be using both from my 870.I would not hunt with it if I wasn't confident out to 40 yards.I was very happy with the long beards,I had my .575 carlson non ported in gun.Good luck this spring,I start wednesday and can't wait.
Thanks for the info.. Hope ya get one with that load..