OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Opening Day success for 8 year old  (Read 3443 times)

Offline coonhunter

Opening Day success for 8 year old
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:27:25 AM »
By the time we got set up on this bird he had already came off had roost.  He was gobbling hard but acted like he was lost?  He just would not come in.  He made a huge circle around where he was roosted?  We decided to move on him, so we got our gear and mad a loop around the ridge and set up on the other end from where we had originally been.  And nothing!  He had shut up!  After about 10 min I figured he had hens and was gone for the morning.  I was about to give up and I thought what the heck we have time this morning so lets just set and see what happens.  10 minutes goes by and some crows hollard and he gobbled 150 yards to our right.  So I called soft and he gobbled again.  Well 10 minutes or so goes by and nothing, so I called real soft on my glass call and he gobbled 15 yards behind us!!!  He circled to our left and we just could not get turned with out him seeing us so I just waited until he went out of site over the hill and we turned on him and got ready.  I cut with my mouth call and he gobbled 40 yards right down my sons gun barrel!  I purred and yelped and he gobbled and I could hear him running in the leaves.  Next thing I know his head pops up 20 yards in front of us over the hill.  And my son put a load of HW #7 right in his head!  Flopped like 5 times and it was over.  Awesome morning!     
Joshua 24:15

Offline daddyduke

• Double Beard
Re: Opening Day success for 8 year old
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 11:26:20 AM »
Congrats to both of you! Sounds like a great hunt.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 10:46:38 PM »
Congrats to you both. Happy camper, look at that grin

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 08:10:33 PM »
Congrats to the youngster on his Gobbler.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Offline PharmHunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 10:28:00 AM »
Awesome stuff dad!

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 10:52:20 PM »
Yes!!  Great job and great picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk