Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

How’s it looking for everyone?

Started by Gobble!, April 14, 2018, 11:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

I've got a couple strong spots picked out. Still trying to make my mind up in regard to where to go first. Most of the birds where I am seem to still be pretty grouped up yet, season start Wednesday. May make Gobbler decoys pretty useful the first week or two. We will see.

jarbo03

Opens Wednesday here also, birds started breaking up to smaller groups over the last week.  Feeling good going into season.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

spurman

I've been out 2 times and only seen 2 hens. I haven't heard or seen a gobbler. Just getting started, I will find them.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Smooth_Operator

Currently sitting in the camper watching the torrential downpour happening outside, reading Kenny Morgan. It's supposed to let up around 16:00 so hopefully I can salvage the day with an evening hunt. Had a decent hunt yesterday morning, two birds gobbles on the limb, got within 75 yards of them and set up. Only problem was there were a few hens roosted even closer. They flew down, I attempted to softly call the hens in, when that didn't work I tried working them up, that didn't work either. They carried the gobblers off and they stayed quiet the rest of the day. Attempted to follow them but with them not talking that was unfruitful. If this rain lets up I'll get back after them this afternoon, then it's back to work tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Happy

Took my boy to our Md hunt club this morning. It was our first ever hunt there for anything. We did drive around an hour or so scoping out different areas from the truck and learning property lines. We did see two hens and I guessed as to where they would spend the night. This morning when daylight broke we in the right spot and heard a decent amount of gobbling and should have toted one out but such is turkey hunting. My wv property we covered about 4 miles and never heard a bird. They are there though. Have a few people I want to take out early in the season and then if I haven't killed I will whip out the bandana and get serious.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

West Augusta

We opened this morning.  The weather is more like deer season than turkey season.  Rained very hard last night and a lot of the state is flooded.  It is currently snowing on top of that.  I'm still going to try to get out tomorrow if it isn't too windy.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.