OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Triple Beard

Started by RailRoader, April 14, 2018, 07:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailRoader

I haven't been on here in a few years. Just wondering if anyone has tried Hevi-Shot Triple Beard?If so what's your thoughts and what choke gave you the best pattern?

captpete

I shot it through an 1187 20ga. 26" barrel with a Sumtoy 562-5 choke. It was a pretty decent, even hunting pattern at 35yds. By 37yds it was very thin. It would kill turkey at 35yd & probably even at 37. It wouldn't be my choice for anything past 35.

My buddy shot it through his 870 12ga. with a Carlson 660(I think that is the choke he used) and he was not impressed. Don't know if he tried any other chokes.

RailRoader

I've got a 1187 SPS. My thinking was going that it's close to NitroAmmo. Thanks for the info

tha bugman

It shot a decent pattern in my Remington SuperMag.  If you comb back through old posts you may find the pics I took.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: RailRoader on April 15, 2018, 11:15:29 AM
I've got a 1187 SPS. My thinking was going that it's close to NitroAmmo. Thanks for the info

Close ti Nitro brand?!?!   :TooFunny:  Nooooooooooot even close.  Maybe closer to Remington nitros but Nitro brand?   ::)
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

RailRoader

I saw where they are made from heavy shot and had mixed shot size. 4x5x7. And velocity was 1200 FPS. That why I thought it'd be close to NitroAmmo

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: RailRoader on April 18, 2018, 09:18:54 AM
I saw where they are made from heavy shot and had mixed shot size. 4x5x7. And velocity was 1200 FPS. That why I thought it'd be close to NitroAmmo

They're a lead combo load.  The Magblends are the hevi shot combo loads.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

RailRoader

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 18, 2018, 11:42:34 PM
Quote from: RailRoader on April 18, 2018, 09:18:54 AM

They're a lead combo load.  The Magblends are the hevi shot combo loads.

Thanks joe. I had misread the ad for the triple beard.