turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Carlson .670

Started by captpete, March 31, 2018, 07:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

I'm shooting an 870 Supermag 26" barrel, 3" Longbeard 1 3/4oz. 6's. I know I can get a great pattern/numbers at 40 with a Primos .660 Jellyhead(old style, non green). At 15-20 the pattern is the size of softball/grapefruit. I would like to open up the close range patterns. Has anybody shot a .670 (specifically Carlson non-ported) with the Longbeards? What kind of close range pattern did you get? What did you get for a pattern at 40?

tnanh

I have one of those chokes just for messing around with the Longbeard. I shoot a 3 inch 21 inch barrel 870 and wanted to have something that would shoot the 4s. It did pretty good with the fours with a very even pattern and good coverage at 40. I did not try it at closer ranges. Consistently got around 110 in a 10 inch circle with the fours. I was good with it.

captpete

nhhunter722

I have a 21" 870 3" with the same .670 Carlson's non ported running LB 4s and I am consistently getting around 110 in a 10 inch circle also! For ridge/woods birds up here you can't beat it. Absolutely hammer's em!

Claybirdd

I'm shooting a 28" barrel with the same choke.  I normally get in the 120's with the 3" longbeard #4's. I'm thinking the longer barrel helps. Last one was 122 in the 10 at 40.  Perfect for north Alabama WMA birds.

captpete

I finally patterned the Carlson .670 non-ported with Longbeard 3" 1 3/4oz 5's & 6's. I was able to open it up to a vollyball size pattern at 15yrd. and a VERY even 20" pattern at 40yrd. I actually had a better pattern with the 5's than I did with the 6's.