OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Your most Deadly Pot Call?  (Read 30875 times)

Offline 2nd 100

Re: Your most Deadly Pot Call?
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2018, 11:22:03 PM »
Supreme turkey calls
Osage Orange with  a stoned aluminum surface. It is a one of a kind
as it slipped on the arbor and cracked the pedestal. Had to cut the aluminum to fit the oversize hole and didnt cut out back for slate calling surface. At lest one Bird of every sub species was killed with it during a 20 guage single season slam. Not to mention 8 south Georgia Easterns in 36 hours. Undeniable TKMF !
Kind of a Strut Buster hybrid ...

Offline jryser

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2018, 11:37:38 PM »
Lonzo green slate. Killed all 4 birds this year with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fountain2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2018, 09:19:55 AM »
I bought a Hanks osage glass from midway...and I do believe I found one of my bee favorite hunting calls.  That is a great call and sounds even better.  Its glass over aluminum. 
I have a growing collection of pot calls and you would be surprised at some of the calls that just have "that sound".  I have a persimmon popper call from Lawsman that runs so smooth and sounds great.  It's a great call and deserves woods time for the sounds it can make.   
I swap calls throughout the season, just for a change usually. 
That Hanks is quickly becoming a favorite amongst some of the high end calls.  Its not the cost, it's all in the call itself.  I never have notched or kept up with jlhow many a certain call has killed, but I have a couple of rut-n-strut calls that have called and killed loads of gobblers  especially one 2 sider.

Offline slwayne

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2018, 12:47:45 PM »
I answered Crystal Mistress in an earlier post.  Filled my Michigan tag last Wednesday and have to say that this year the hot call for me was Enticer Silver Thunder Extreme Aluminum.  Haven't used it much over the years because I have rarely hunted in wet conditions.  My opener was last Monday and the forecast was for rain so broke out the Enticer the day before and practiced with it a bit so I would be ready on Monday.  It did rain off and on on Monday so I used the Enticer for most of the day and really liked the sound I was getting from it.  I did strike one gobbler late in the day and really had him fired up but there was a big swamp between his ridgetop and mine so I wasn't able to seal the deal.  Wednesday the weather was beautiful so I cut out of work a couple hours early and went back to the same general area (on "his" side of the swamp this time) and decided to stick with the Enticer even thought the weather didn't require it.  45 minutes after getting set up I got a response to one of my calling sequences and 15 minutes later I had a nice 2 year old Michigan public land bird on the ground.  Think it was probably the same bird as Monday as he gobbled hard every time he heard the call.  Thanks Al for helping me get it done this year.

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »
Twisted sister has been good to me for pot calls as well as a houndstooth ceramic but a scratch box has proven much deadlier for me I hardly run pots anymore

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2018, 05:17:57 PM »
Right now its a osage glass over slate call from Clint Corder that thing rocks!

Offline Tracker12

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2018, 06:43:16 AM »
Thanks for your replies.  It's funny how the birds are the judge not the hunter! However, It is fun collecting calls though.

Exactly!!!

Offline bigbird

• Longbeard
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2018, 09:19:41 PM »
David Halloran double glass

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2018, 09:29:24 PM »
Pat McClure walnut glass only call I used for about 20yrs.
Switched to a Lonzo cocobola crystal, it’s was an awesome call until I dropped it.

Offline land cruiser

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2018, 11:34:05 PM »
I answered Crystal Mistress in an earlier post.  Filled my Michigan tag last Wednesday and have to say that this year the hot call for me was Enticer Silver Thunder Extreme Aluminum.  Haven't used it much over the years because I have rarely hunted in wet conditions.  My opener was last Monday and the forecast was for rain so broke out the Enticer the day before and practiced with it a bit so I would be ready on Monday.  It did rain off and on on Monday so I used the Enticer for most of the day and really liked the sound I was getting from it.  I did strike one gobbler late in the day and really had him fired up but there was a big swamp between his ridgetop and mine so I wasn't able to seal the deal.  Wednesday the weather was beautiful so I cut out of work a couple hours early and went back to the same general area (on "his" side of the swamp this time) and decided to stick with the Enticer even thought the weather didn't require it.  45 minutes after getting set up I got a response to one of my calling sequences and 15 minutes later I had a nice 2 year old Michigan public land bird on the ground.  Think it was probably the same bird as Monday as he gobbled hard every time he heard the call.  Thanks Al for helping me get it done this year.
Interestingy enough, that call is my biggest surprise of the year as well.

Offline bghunter777

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2019, 09:11:43 AM »
Cody World Class Slate!

Offline Brizendine1234

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2019, 09:14:38 AM »
Lonzo yellow heart

Offline mspaci

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2019, 10:47:49 PM »
my walnut slate over glass

Offline gobblers roost

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2019, 01:11:02 PM »
Woodhaven classic

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline LaLongbeard

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2019, 10:04:57 AM »
Crystal mistress
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?