Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Getting at it in the morning...

Started by Smooth_Operator, April 13, 2018, 10:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smooth_Operator

Finally getting some time off to hit the woods for the next two days, birds are really just starting to get fired up in the past week at my properties. Was a slow start to the spring, after really warm temps in February it got cold again and really seemed to lock the birds up the first couple of weeks of the season. Starting to green up and seeing a lot more gobbler sign, hope to add one to the board soon! Good luck to everyone and stay safe out there...

Blake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Happy

Good luck. Sitting in the woods right now with my boy. Haven't heard a bird yet. They are still grouped up so when we find them there should be several. We just lost all our snow on tuesday.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

spurman

Kentucky opened this morning to hard rain, not looking good for today. I know turkeys are going to do what turkeys do no matter the rain. Killed a few in pouring rain but I can't handle it like I used to. Good luck guys and here's to sunny skies.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Gobble!

Good luck!

Planned to get out with my son today and tomorrow but he's started with a nasty bug last night and again tonight so it looks like we won't get a youth hunt in. Regular season starts Wednesday.  :you_rock:

Gobble!

Quote from: Happy on April 14, 2018, 07:21:19 AM
Good luck. Sitting in the woods right now with my boy. Haven't heard a bird yet. They are still grouped up so when we find them there should be several. We just lost all our snow on tuesday.

I think it may be a slow start to the season. Most of what I'm seeing is grouped up birds.

Happy

Hope your boy gets to feeling better. They gobbled well this morning.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club