Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Custom Pot Call Question for you serious pot call guys !!

Started by MS Boy, April 13, 2018, 08:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MS Boy

Ok so if you could buy one custom pot call and hunt with it for the rest of your life who would make it and in what combo ?
Ps- I don't care how long wait times are I will wait and I don't care about cost.
Thanks in advance for the advise !!
Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

870BkWht

Id have to say David Halloran Crystal Mistress.

Honestly i font think i could pick just one.  Id need to make a top 3.

MS Boy

Quote from: 870BkWht on April 13, 2018, 08:35:55 PM
Id have to say David Halloran Crystal Mistress.

Honestly i font think i could pick just one.  Id need to make a top 3.

I have a DH CM looking for something more. Thanks

mspaci

everyones always looking for the magic call, it doesnt exist.

MS Boy

Quote from: mspaci on April 13, 2018, 09:02:36 PM
everyones always looking for the magic call, it doesnt exist.

Thanks for your help I will keep that thought in mind while I keep looking.

MK M GOBL

One call and one call only. The answer is simple for me CODY World Class Slate, mine has been a killer for better than 20 years!
CODY put out a Legend SPEC 1 and I ran last year, again awesome call!!

MK M GOBL

MS Boy

Thanks for the response

M,Yingling

One pot in my life time ,,, it would be copper over slate in my water proof pot fiber striker they run raspy clear what ever is needed and got that small slate on back,,,   run it in rain get wet never have worry about the wood moving striker barley needs conditioning
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Sx4

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

JLH

Quote from: M,Yingling on April 13, 2018, 09:58:21 PM
One pot in my life time ,,, it would be copper over slate in my water proof pot fiber striker they run raspy clear what ever is needed and got that small slate on back,,,   run it in rain get wet never have worry about the wood moving striker barley needs conditioning

Actually....1 pot, for the rest of forever.....this is a darn good choice!

The last thing I would do is get any kind of laminated glass call....too many chances of something breaking!

Chris O

I guess from what everyone says it has to be Platz or Corder if time and money are no issue. I couldn't pick just one I would have to have a good slate,glass ,Crystal, and Copper call. I hunted for 25+ years with a M.A.D. Slate in a plastic pot and a few mouth calls. I changed strikers to change the sound. I only recently got into custom calls some of my favorites callmakers are Chris Brumfiel, Mike Yingling, Misfire calls, SS calls are my main guys. I have also got some great calls from Daryl Slaton, Rugged calls, Scott Hock . I probably forgot a few other builders also but I feel ifI could only have one call from any of these guys I would take a glass over slate from anyone of them and be successful. I think I would probably choose Osage or walnut for the pot. But If it rains the Yingling waterproof pot would have to be my choice.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Darren Dawkins stoned aluminum in the plastic pot. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Matt k

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE