OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Crystal pot conditioning  (Read 1119 times)

Offline The wanderer

Crystal pot conditioning
« on: April 13, 2018, 02:07:04 PM »
I’ve got a Crystal Hen from Hardy’s game calls. I really like the way it sounds, but is seems like it needs to be conditioned often. The call goes dead after five minutes of running it after being conditioned with 50 grit sand paper. It’s like the dust off of the call is fouling the striker and the call. To condition the call I run the sand paper in the same direction, but I run it back and forth. I will sand down the striker as well. Should I be running the sand paper across it in one direction?  For example, only run it east instead of east-west. Will this keep the dust from accumulating on the call, and fouling it so quickly?  Hope this makes sense.

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Crystal pot conditioning
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:41:28 PM »
Use a stone for deeper groves. Also use some dry wall screen one direction only after using the stone. This will remove the dust in between your ridges.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
Re: Crystal pot conditioning
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 07:32:05 AM »
Use a conditioning stone or drywall screen. Once you have your spot scratched up good take a scotch brite pad and go over the scratched up area and blow of the dust. This makes them play so nice and when you think it needs reconditioned just hit It with the scotchbrite . You can always hit with a stone again if needed