OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Weatherby SA-08, set up for multiple species  (Read 3288 times)

Offline bornagain64

• Longbeard
Weatherby SA-08, set up for multiple species
« on: April 13, 2018, 07:15:08 AM »

I recently purchased a Weatherby SA-08 for snipe and dove hunting. Buy when I saw some of the # and stats I thought I could use it for turkey also.

I purchased a Dead Ringer Beard buster sight, but it covers up the target at 40 yds.

So here is my question: is there a way to attach a red dot for turkey hunting and then remove it to use the gun with just the bead for snipe? And if yes, when I reattach the red dot next spring for turkey, would it be sighted in or really close or would I have to resight it in ever year?

I would like to remove the sight and leave the base, I think that the scope would still be sighted in when I screw it bak on.

Sumtoy and Burris have a base, I have done some research and think the Sumtoy sits a little lower.? ( more conformed to the barrel.)

Thanks, John

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
Re: Weatherby SA-08, set up for multiple species
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 05:43:13 PM »
Burris speed bead. My sa08 takes beretta 390 attachments. Removing the butt stock is easy on the weatherby
Georgia Boy

Offline Britton40

• The Boss Gobbler
Weatherby SA-08, set up for multiple species
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 03:46:59 PM »
Burris speed bead. My sa08 takes beretta 390 attachments.

Del, do you think a pistol grip stock for a SA08 would fit a Beretta 390?

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
Re: Weatherby SA-08, set up for multiple species
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 09:50:08 PM »
Possible. The stock spring in my Beretta is different than the weatherby. You might be able to get SRM to make a stock spring that would allow it to work. I spoke with their President and they didn't have any weatherby stock spring. May send one in so they can make one.

I do know a Beretta  390 Weaver style saddle mount matches up exactly with my weatherby.
Georgia Boy