OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: American Strutter Ceramic Pot  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Buckman18

American Strutter Ceramic Pot
« on: April 12, 2018, 09:06:09 PM »
Mack’s Prarie Wings has the American Strutter ceramic on sale for $29.99. I thought I’d give it a try and that’s a heckuva call for the price!!! The diamond wood peg that come with it is raspy, and I put a Primos ‘custom striker’ (I’m guessing oak or hickory?) to it and it has a very nice yeeee-aaa double note! I also put a Jatoba with a flared tip and it was also very good, a mix of 2 tone and rasp.

Just an FYI on what I thought was a very good deal in case anyone is interested! Gonna try it out in the N. GA mountains on Saturday. Website says 5 left...

Offline Alberta Jonny

Re: American Strutter Ceramic Pot
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 10:15:22 PM »
And now theres 4, thanks!

Offline Caspar

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 10:18:58 PM »
i ordered one saturday and it came today. i wasnt blown away but its not bad for 30 bucks. thanks for the tip about the primos custom striker. i have one and will give it a run tomoro.

on recommendation from another forum member i also ordered a hanks signature glass and im really impressed with it

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 10:47:56 PM »
I ordered one also and ALPS Outdoorz Vanish Turkey Chair - Obsession
Two good deals. THANKS
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 11:45:16 AM »
I think that they are all gone now.  I tried one in a store the other day.  I actually liked it.  Wish I had gotten to get in on the deal!   :'( :TooFunny:

Offline yelpy

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 10:05:45 PM »
Got mine and 3/4 of the surface of dead. It has one good spot on the call that sounds great! I am going to contact American strutter to see if they will fix it up or replace it.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Offline jordanz7935

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 11:05:55 PM »
I got mine today! My first ceramic pot call and im impressed with it. Seems to be pretty versatile, can get real loud but it'll make some pretty sweet clucks an purrs on the low end. I didnt fully appreciate how good it actually sounds until i recorded myself playing the call outside from 30 yards away. Itll be in my vest opening day for sure. Gotta love MPW! They have some great deals on calls every spring!

Offline American Strutter

• American Strutter
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 02:40:12 PM »
Got mine and 3/4 of the surface of dead. It has one good spot on the call that sounds great! I am going to contact American strutter to see if they will fix it up or replace it.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Yes sir we will fix it up for you for sure. Shoot us a message and we will take care of it buddy.