OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Team Check In  (Read 6465 times)

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Team Check In
« on: April 12, 2018, 08:10:04 AM »
Seems like about half of the "team" has yet to check in on the team page...do we have a full team this year?

BottomLand54

Re: Team Check In
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 08:14:02 AM »
John, I am here I am planning on heading out Saturday be opening day for us here in NC. Hope to have a bird to post.

Allot folks are hunting already throughout the country and have talked to allot guys who are having a tough time. Birds have been MIA here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:41:10 PM »
I’m here. Got my daughter a bird during youth but I’m 0-4 last 4 Days. Had birds within 50 yards but no shots. Henned up and bunched up BAD here. Late spring as they say

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 06:47:59 PM »
I’m here. Got my daughter a bird during youth but I’m 0-4 last 4 Days. Had birds within 50 yards but no shots. Henned up and bunched up BAD here. Late spring as they say
I saw that!  Your daughter was awesome.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 06:48:33 PM »
John, I am here I am planning on heading out Saturday be opening day for us here in NC. Hope to have a bird to post.

Allot folks are hunting already throughout the country and have talked to allot guys who are having a tough time. Birds have been MIA here.

Glad you are getting out.

BottomLand54

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 07:53:15 PM »
As I type I am sitting on a 110 acre private farm that is normally overloaded with birds little sign which is old is all I have found, wheat fields are beautiful but hardly any sign. This is probably one of the best properties I have and backs up to 1000 acres of farm land and no sign in the woods which is normally demolished with scratchings. I am sitting on a log in between the oak ridges on a power line I have seen a huge coyote so far but not heard a bird one.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 08:10:32 PM »
As I type I am sitting on a 110 acre private farm that is normally overloaded with birds little sign which is old is all I have found, wheat fields are beautiful but hardly any sign. This is probably one of the best properties I have and backs up to 1000 acres of farm land and no sign in the woods which is normally demolished with scratchings. I am sitting on a log in between the oak ridges on a power line I have seen a huge coyote so far but not heard a bird one.

They gotta be there man. Don't lose hope. I felt the same way in SC on 800 private acres then it rained gobblers. (And the neighbor got arrested for baiting).  ;-)

BottomLand54

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 08:12:21 PM »
I think allot the guys around here bait and kill them over bait. It bothers me!

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 08:50:50 PM »
I saw that!  Your daughter was awesome.

Thanks man! I was proud of her.

Offline ILHUNTER

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 04:55:38 PM »
Ready to get this party rolling.  Got my son a good bird on Saturday during youth season.  I will be starting on Monday.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 07:42:30 PM »
Well I'm out of the game for chasing turkeys for the time being. Woke up today, the day before the opener, and my back is waaaaay out. I'm a PT so I've self treated my back for 14 years. This time not so much.   It's got me at rock bottom between the pain and disappointment of not getting to go. Such is life I suppose.

Offline ILHUNTER

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 09:52:50 AM »
Hope you get better soon.  You have already pulled your weight, so take it easy for awhile and get better.

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 06:43:41 AM »
Well I'm out of the game for chasing turkeys for the time being. Woke up today, the day before the opener, and my back is waaaaay out. I'm a PT so I've self treated my back for 14 years. This time not so much.   It's got me at rock bottom between the pain and disappointment of not getting to go. Such is life I suppose.

I have a bulging and herniated disc in my lower back and totally understand back pain. Hope you get feeling better soon

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline backforty

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2018, 05:13:31 PM »
killed one this morning, now I just need to figure out the picture thing 22.45 lbs, 10" beard and 1.5" hooks
Print by Madison, on Flickr

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Team Check In
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2018, 07:36:20 PM »

I have a bulging and herniated disc in my lower back and totally understand back pain. Hope you get feeling better soon

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Dang me too. Herniated and buldging at a few. Happened when I was 26. I'm a PT so I usually just fix myself but this time I was down BAD. I'm good now and back chasing birds.