turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Old school choke for Old school 11-87

Started by Borden811, April 12, 2018, 06:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

Hey guys, I found an 11-87 in the old bottomland pattern. It's in good used shape, and if I can get the price down on it a bit I'm going to buy it. That being said, I'd like to use a choke tube from that period in it as well. What would you guys look for? It currently has the remington factory superfull in it. I plan on leaving it just the beads, no sights. I have some old white hevi shot that I plan to shoot in it. I have some longbeards that I'm sure would shoot fine thru the factory choke, but I'd like to keep this setup a little more "retro" I guess. I know the hevi shot is even pushing that, but I'll never shoot it in anything else.

dms2511

nyhunter

i used A Hastings. .660, my buddies used Kicks gobbling thunder chokes.  a couple other popular chokes were Basner and Rhino.  I Have a Bottomland 870 i'm shootin a Kicks GT. .660 and Win. long beard #5's, using the beads it shoot's dead on POA to POI ..

Izzyjoe

A great retro choke would be a Mark Banser, made by truglo. They were made in the mid to late 90's, I have one in my 870, and I love it. An old star dot would be another choice.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: Borden811 on April 12, 2018, 06:26:19 AM
Hey guys, I found an 11-87 in the old bottomland pattern. It's in good used shape, and if I can get the price down on it a bit I'm going to buy it. That being said, I'd like to use a choke tube from that period in it as well. What would you guys look for? It currently has the remington factory superfull in it. I plan on leaving it just the beads, no sights. I have some old white hevi shot that I plan to shoot in it. I have some longbeards that I'm sure would shoot fine thru the factory choke, but I'd like to keep this setup a little more "retro" I guess. I know the hevi shot is even pushing that, but I'll never shoot it in anything else.

I would go Kick's Comp-N-Choke. It's one of those that scream vintage with lead loads to me and I have had good luck with them.

mullet dredge

An old MAD .655 has been working for many many years in my early '90s vintage 11-87 21" Trebark...

I have recently stepped up to an Indian Creek .665 to open things up a little bit with TSS.

Ontario_caller

Remington factory straight rifled super full.
It came on the NWTF 25th anniversary edition 11-87 as well as others.
Great choke.
There He IS !

longislandloco

Some Star Dot's on e-bay right now, very reasonable prices.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

10gaugemag

Quote from: Ontario_caller on April 14, 2018, 11:58:43 PM
Remington factory straight rifled super full.
It came on the NWTF 25th anniversary edition 11-87 as well as others.
Great choke.
This.

Best tube I have found for lead loads in a Remington yet.