OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Guy from CO

Started by Daveb, February 18, 2018, 05:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveb

Found this site a while ago and have been lurking, decided to join and introduce myself.

Lots of great info here and I hope I can add to it.

Hunting turkeys will be new for me this year and I am excited to give it a try. Long time archery and rifle hunter of Elk, deer, antelope, predators and I shoot varmints. Also love fly fishing.

Living in the San Luis Valley, Colorado.

Dave

Sir-diealot

Welcome to the site and welcome to my favorite kinda hunting, it's a blast!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Daveb

Thanks Sir Diealot! I am very excited to give it a go. I love to call in Elk and predators (not at the same time!) so I feel I gotta try calling in a Turkey. Plus, you turkey hunters have some really cool calls!

Sir-diealot

Oh man Elk are a dream of mine but the closest population are in PA and it is VERY hard to get a permit to hunt them and even harder for a non-resident like me (I am in NY) To me they have always seemed like they would be like hunting a 1500 lb. turkey. Ya'll have some cool calls too.

Friends and I hunt coyote and fox both by calling and with dogs, I really enjoy it.

Oh and you're welcome by the way, the thought of elk made me temporally rude. :)
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

penna shooter

Welcome Dave, good luck this Spring season.
Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

trkehunr93

mgm1955

NCL

Welcome, I am also a fly fisher

Gawhitaker

Welcome aboard. Turkey hunting and fly fishing are my passions, don't get to do enough of either of them..