turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First Box Call.

Started by DP42912, April 09, 2018, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DP42912

Looking to purchase my first custom Box call...

Not sure if I need/want a short box or long box or paddle call. Is there a difference between a long box  and paddle type box call???

What are the pros and cons of each?

If it matters I hunt large tracts of land in S.C. Low Country.

Thx for any help.

TauntoHawk

Paddle call and long box are the same thing

For a first box Id go with a short box much easier to run being that there is a spring that supports the paddle taking a lot of technique out of the operation. Most vests also have a Dedicated pocket for them.

There are lots of makers but if you are looking for someone that is great to deal with, short wait times, a great sounding and looking box and very very affordable AL shoemaker with SS custom calls is really hard not to mention first he has a website, Facebook and is a member here so very easy to get ahold of I've purchased I think 5 short boxes and 4 scratch boxes from him and each and every one was fantastic.

Matt Van Cise on Facebook as high class calls builds a nice easy to run handled short box he also had about 200 sound files of his box wood combos so you can hear about every combo you would want to buy. I don't think his waits are long either

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

coyote1

x2. You can't go wrong with SS custom calls.

davisd9

Mr. Al and Josh will set you up for sure!  X3 for SS
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

tha bugman

Love my Echol Smith one sided box call!

vt35mag

Get a hold of the SS boys.

TauntoHawk

There is a SS checkered box and 2 Van Cise in the classifieds right now from trusted members if you want a great box by the end of the week

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DP42912

Thanks for all the info and pm's guys.

I went with the SS Checkered Box in the classifieds, can't wait to get it!

vt35mag

Quote from: DP42912 on April 09, 2018, 07:23:59 PM

That yellowheart over black limba is an awesome box.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: DP42912 on April 09, 2018, 07:23:59 PM

That was a good choice I have an SS yellowheart mineral poplar and it's a screamer with incredible cutts