turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who has spray painted their shotgun?

Started by RED NECK, April 11, 2018, 08:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Yoder409

Some pretty nice work, right there.    Yep.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

JonD.

Don't have any way to post pics, but I did a woodland pattern on mine that turned out good. If you have a synthetic stock the Krylon Fusion camo works really well, I'm sure the others for plastics do too. You want to degrease and clean everything with denatured alcohol before you start. I made stencils by laying 2" masking tape out on a piece of clean glass and then used a hobby knife to cut irregular shapes for each color(used an old T-shirt to go by.) I sprayed the least amount of color in the pattern where I wanted it and let dry. Apply the stencils over it. Spray the next color where you want it, let dry and apply stencils and repeat until you get down to the last and most dominant color which in my case was green. Make sure you let each color dry really well before you put stencils on. If not, it will peel a little around the edges when you take them off. Let dry really good and then take your stencils off. I used a non gloss clear coat as a final coat. If you want to make it super durable, after its all done and put back together, put it in your truck parked in the summer sun with the windows rolled up for a couple of days. It bakes the paint on and makes it a whole lot tougher than it normally would be.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

ShootingABN!