turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wet Call

Started by Bowguy, April 10, 2018, 05:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

I hear a bit about wet calls. I normally just run mouth calls. This year has been tough, part of my face isn't working right so Ive debated how I'd call in the rain. I know the box call bread bag trick is golden, but w air blown calls maybe being more challenging than normal I wanted to run a pot as well to have at least a couple sounds. Not a fan of carrying more than one box.
None of the ones I had ran perfect, some were hideous or useless wet.
A friend of mine bought a silver thunder extreme from Enticer. It's aluminum so the surface was right.
Anyway the you tube videos show Al running them under water. His calling style is different than mine so I couldn't tell how well it'd suit me.
Right away once I got it I turned my faucet on full bore, kinda figured I'd get it. The striker tip and all were being soaked. The call ran pretty darn good!! To say I was impressed is an understatement.
I ran it w AL's dymondwood (dry), AL's wet striker both wet and damp, actually dry too and Yingling's wet carbon striker. The two wet strikers are dif and require different striker angles slightly to get the most from them but this call works. Kinda surprised I hadn't run one to try earlier but it's going to live in the vest on wet/damp days.
Can't wait for a rainy day. Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

perrytrails

Silver thunder is a great call. I like his carbon strikers on a lot of different surfaces. Really good on aluminum.

Makes great soft calls on the back side of the corian pot too.

His silver fox aluminum call is really good too.

chbarnha

I love my enticers, next time you want one get the triple sidekick. Three different surfaces on one call and all three of them sound great.

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

shatcher

I was shocked at how good the aluminum Enticer ran.  The dry day calls have a hard time sounding any better.

model94

I have the Silver thunder Extreme and his Wet One Classic. They sound different but I love both of them.

compton30

Quote from: Bowguy on April 10, 2018, 05:09:49 PM
His calling style is different than mine so I couldn't tell how well it'd suit me.

Interesting point. I like Al's videos because I just think he's entertaining. Didn't care for the sound. I didn't consider the idea that he and I have very different calling styles, which we do. Great perspective.

Double B

Repacked for rainy opener, Enticer wet aluminium will be with me as well a couple plastic pots, my glass and ol yeller ceramic. Al's carbon tipped striker and a jb weld tipped striker I made are coming along. All play great wet. 
Followed by buzzards