OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: TC turkey barrel  (Read 2654 times)

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
TC turkey barrel
« on: April 09, 2018, 06:32:20 PM »
I have been looking at TC Encore 20 g Turkey barrels. There is the Camo model, Blued model and a Stainless Steel model. I prefer the stainless but would need to get it dipped. So I am wondering if the Camo model is blued or Stainless. Thanks for your help.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
Re: TC turkey barrel
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 08:04:50 PM »
Its a fairly thick walled steel barrel.  I have never had an issue with rust if that's what you're worried about...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 10:17:57 PM »
Its a fairly thick walled steel barrel.  I have never had an issue with rust if that's what you're worried about...

No, I have seldom had rust issues. I just like the fact that my TC came with a stainless steel barrel and would like to stay with stainless. I take it that the 20 gauge Turky barrel is blued and a dipped?

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 10:51:02 AM »

No, I have seldom had rust issues. I just like the fact that my TC came with a stainless steel barrel and would like to stay with stainless. I take it that the 20 gauge Turky barrel is blued and a dipped?

Correct. 

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 03:11:29 PM »

Correct.

I think I will go with the stainless. If  need be its only 65 to have it dipped. Thanks for the info!

Offline snapper1982

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 10:28:14 PM »
Did not know T/C made a stainless turkey barrel. Thought they was all rifled slug barrels

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 11:04:25 PM »
Kurt Bellum is carrying them and I have seen them on e-bay. Only thing I don't fancy is they are 28 inches and cost around 400.00. Rifled and slug barrels are considerably cheaper.

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 11:23:11 PM »
Did not know T/C made a stainless turkey barrel. Thought they was all rifled slug barrels

Yes I think you are right. I went back and reread the descriptions and they are rifled. I am disappointed and will do some more research in the hope there may be one out there. Think I will e-mail Mr. Bellum.

Offline snapper1982

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 09:10:03 AM »
Check with mgm I bet they could make one

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 06:43:23 PM »
Check with mgm I bet they could make one

Thanks, sent them an e-mail.

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 11:47:39 AM »
Not sure if you plan on using some type of optics,but maybe they could make a cantilever barrel for you.

Offline snapper1982

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 01:30:49 PM »
Not sure if you plan on using some type of optics,but maybe they could make a cantilever barrel for you.

No need for a cantilever on an encore. The mounts would bolt on the barrel not the receiver. Barrel sits so far back there is only an inch or so of receiver.

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 06:50:08 PM »

No optics in the near future. Barrel will sit far back. This is one of the reasons I like the idea of a 20 g on my TC. (Short and Compact with less recoil)

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 12:06:32 AM »

No need for a cantilever on an encore. The mounts would bolt on the barrel not the receiver. Barrel sits so far back there is only an inch or so of receiver.
Just how i would have one made if i could. I bought a scope rail thru T/C and for the scope to sit where it needs to the rails are really long. Works ok,but could look a lot better imo.

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 11:33:39 AM »
The one thing I don't care for  with weaver bases.  They hang off the chamber area with a ton of space between the barrel and the base mount.  I run all dead nutz, or leupold on my barrels now.  My prohunter turkey bbl has my FF2 mounted so a ll I did was cut off the offending extra material and blacken it.